Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Kitty Clothes vs The Husband

harperc

Lairian
Hi guys! Well, I bought Chloe a new outfit (fleece pullover) at the store yesterday and brought it home. Then proceeded to get gripped out by the husband who told he that I am not to buy any more clothes for Chloe!! (As if?!!)

He hates that I put clothes on her, saying that she doesn't like it. (I think she does, since it's getting colder...well, under 80 here! LOL)

How can I convience him to get over the fact that Chloe needs clothes sometimes?

Also, he told me this morning that he thinks that putting Soft Paws on her nails wasn't right. What do you think? I am going to my cousin's house over Christmas and all of her cats are declawed....(wrong, I know...BUT some people do it). I told the husband that I didn't want her to scratch the others while playing..

Annoyed....:Angry:

Gizzymom

Banned
I would tell your husband to picture himself totally naked and would he like some clothes on to keep warm? I think his response would be yes:LOL: Unless Chloe likes to play rough I don't think she will need the soft paws. Just be sure to trim & file her nails before you go:BigSmile:

I agree!! I mean kids want to go outside when it's cold without a coat, but parents don't let them... Gizzy doesn't want to wear a shirt or sweatshirt sometimes, but once he has it on, I think he realizes that he's warmer, so he's fine.

wright878

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I admit we put clothes on Abby just to laugh at her. She walks crouched very close to the floor, like the clothes weigh 200 pounds and she can't fully stand up. A friend who is terrified of cats came over the other night. I assured her that Abby would not jump on her while she had her Santa dress on. What did the little turd do? Oh course she made a liar out of me and jumped on my friend!

Fester

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
hmm...
As a guy, I think a counter offer could be in order...

just let him know you'll play dress up regardless it's his choice it it's the cat or a kid!!:LOL:

alternatively, compare the costs of his tools/man cave to the cost of the kitties outfits...

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Take him to the store and show him how much human baby clothes cost..and diapers, strollers, cribs...etc....then tell him your biological clock is ticking! That'll shut him up!
My husband NEVER complains about me buying stuff for Nofuratu, clothes or accessories or travel stuff, even though we are a lower class family with 3 kids surviving on one income....
The deal was I get a Sphynx and buy cute outfits and dress it up and carry it around like a baby....OR
We spend thousands of dollars on fertility treatments so I can have my first human baby to add to our blended family of 3 kids from his previous marriage.
He had a vasectomy after his 3rd child for a reason...
He doesnt even flinch when I enter the pet section at wallmart...LOL

Nofuratu has a four foot long closet full of " pret a porter" and a large trunk full of fun "au couture" tee hee....
beats the alternative!

Also there is nothing wrong with soft paws, they are great...the cat doesnt even notice them.

Adventures of A Naked Cat

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Take him to the store and show him how much human baby clothes cost..and diapers, strollers, cribs...etc....then tell him your biological clock is ticking! That'll shut him up!
My husband NEVER complains about me buying stuff for Nofuratu, clothes or accessories or travel stuff, even though we are a lower class family with 3 kids surviving on one income....
The deal was I get a Sphynx and buy cute outfits and dress it up and carry it around like a baby....OR
We spend thousands of dollars on fertility treatments so I can have my first human baby to add to our blended family of 3 kids from his previous marriage.

Nofuratu has a four foot long closet full of " pret a porter" and a large trunk full of fun "au couture" tee hee....
beats the alternative!

Also there is nothing wrong with soft paws, they are great...the cat doesnt even notice them.

OMG- I love Nofuratu's wardrobe:BigSmile: I will make it my New Years resolution to get Nudie a wardrobe like that. If Nofuratu has anything he doesn't like or wear- let us know:Wink:

tessblack

Banned

beats the alternative!

So glad I am not the only one with cat closet. OK I gave up space in my closet for there stuff.

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
OMG- I love Nofuratu's wardrobe:BigSmile: I will make it my New Years resolution to get Nudie a wardrobe like that. If Nofuratu has anything he doesn't like or wear- let us know:Wink:

LOL...he has been selling his outfits that he's outgrown, or doesnt like to wear at our thrift store...I should have kept his kitten stuff and sent it to people with kitties at the Lair!

The wardrobe was easy to make. I cleared the bottom of a dining room cubboard and put a wood dowel in. Its too high up for him to pick out his clothes...lol..but it works!

Also I buy cute baby onesies, and cut off the butt snaps..they only cost a few dollars at the thrift store, and if you sew you can alter them by tucking in the material in the middle of where your cat's tummy is...and running a long stitch to secure it..that will bring the arms of the outfit closer together to fit the shape of a cat instead of a human baby.

tessblack

Banned
LOL...he has been selling his outfits that he's outgrown, or doesnt like to wear at our thrift store...I should have kept his kitten stuff and sent it to people with kitties at the Lair!

The wardrobe was easy to make. I cleared the bottom of a dining room cubboard and put a wood dowel in. Its too high up for him to pick out his clothes...lol..but it works!

Also I buy cute baby onesies, and cut off the butt snaps..they only cost a few dollars at the thrift store, and if you sew you can alter them by tucking in the material in the middle of where your cat's tummy is...and running a long stitch to secure it..that will bring the arms of the outfit closer together to fit the shape of a cat instead of a human baby.

Yeah I got a cute thanksgiving onsie at walmart. I do not have the best sewing ability so mine dont look so good.

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Ahhh- Thanks for the advice:BigSmile: I think I will make a little closet over the holiday and start shopping after New Years!

Bella07

Banned
Both of your closets are so cute! I'm jealous too :LOL: I don't even have that much closet space! In the 1900s they didn't barely built any closets much to my dismay....but, I LOVE both of yours! Such spoiled kitties with great fashion sense.

pooner

Banned
hmm...
As a guy, I think a counter offer could be in order...

just let him know you'll play dress up regardless it's his choice it it's the cat or a kid!!:LOL:

alternatively, compare the costs of his tools/man cave to the cost of the kitties outfits...

:ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp:
Good Advice!

TotenEngel

Banned
LOL, the proper kitty wardrobes are awesome, I finally conceeded and did a shuffle round so Smeagle could have a drawer in my wardrobe!!

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
They look like kids hangers. My kids have the same kind (well had- now they are going to be used for cat clothes:LOL:).

Yep they are just baby clothes hangers...if your closet ends up being too narrow just cut the ends a little shorter with scissors....makes em a bit sharp, but still works!

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
On a side note: Wow, what good looking closets!

You have gotten some great advice and hope it worked out. It does sound like hubby is jealous of you fussing over Chloe.

I can personally recommend Nofuratu's advice:

I have to admit this is how I got my hubby to agree that I needed a newer car a couple of years back.

And if that doesn't work, give him a toe curling @*&% ^&@ and tell him again what you are going to do. :Wink:

tessblack

Banned
I have the closet space, but where in the world do you find those hangers??:Dizzy:

Yeah they are baby hangers I got from a hanger company. They are the clear ones with metal hooks that swivel. I had to buy a box of a hundred but they were cheaper than buying them in the store. It was hard to give up my lingerie area but they needed something. They also have a wood box at the foot of the bed that hubby built them. They are spoiled but I have no kids so why not.

tessblack

Banned
VERY NICE wardrobe!!! I like yours better than mine! Your kitties keep their clothes very neat! LOL

Thanks, I kinda wanted there own little wardrobe but that will do. We had a toilet crack and overflow when we were in France a few years back. The neighbor finally saw it and his family came over to clean up. Lets just say we had a lot of drywall to do. The closet as well. So I designed the closet and he made it out of wood. I am so lucky that he is so handy! Now I have to design a kitty wardrobe and see if he will make it for me. Your idea is great though I have to say. Very creative.

Back