Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Kitty has tender red spot on bottom of her foot

Brookejennings

Lairian
My one year old babe has had this red spot on the back of her heel, it looks like whatever hair she did have there has been worn off, it gets more red some days but she doesnt seem to be in pain at all,I dont see her licking that spot, i cant imagine what would have caused that???
20190712_123614.jpg

Jeanhill72

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
My one year old babe has had this red spot on the back of her heel, it looks like whatever hair she did have there has been worn off, it gets more red some days but she doesnt seem to be in pain at all,I dont see her licking that spot, i cant imagine what would have caused that???View attachment 94259
Hello! Is there one on the other foot as well? It is a little hard to tell in the picture, but it looks like a callous. I think it is common as they get a little older. I would watch it for a few days, and if it doesn't look better I would visit the vet just to be sure.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Does your baby sit on something warm like a TV cable box or something rough ? We often see it on both “heels” as well as on front “wrist” areas where Sphynx are.known to fold their front paws in.

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My boy Yoda has these exact spots on both of his back legs. I'm assuming its from friction with the carpet, or even when he rolls around on the cement in our backyard. I've been putting Vetericyn gel on it every few days to see if it improves. It doesn't seem to bother him at all.

Brookejennings

Lairian
Shes only got it on the one foot, I dont see her sitting on anything warm for any long periods of time, shes had it for a month or two n like I said sometimes it almost goes away n other times it gets pretty red, I was thinking too that it could be the carpet, n shes not in any obvious pain or bothered by it at all, but maybe I should take her to the vet??

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
5e7c92d3a507d94a480df242832de827.jpg

My boy doesn’t sit on anything warm either. I found a picture I took a couple weeks ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Again not a vet, but it is probably due to contact with a surface. It’s not infected etc. it is hard to hide anything on these naked babies. We have a new cat sitter and she as a vet tech is shocked with the breed and how with hairy cats they never knew how cats bruise easily with shots because hair hides it all. Hairy cat’s have an extra layer of protection.

Last edited:
Back