Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Kitty litter

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
We loved it, but the cost got to be crazy when we hit 3 cats and now 4. I thought ideal with 1 maybe or 2 cats. @LokisMom

LokisMom

Lairian
He gets sooo dirty so fast i thought this might help? I bathe him and by the next day his belly, neck and legs are brown. Also i have trails of litter everywhere.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@LokisMom , We tried it but it still tracked and kitty was not crazy about the litter like good ole Dr elseys precious cat unscented in the blue bag - it has very low to nil dust so I think it helps my 4 stay cleaner .
I keep a mini dustpan by each box and bought a little ryobi handheld vacuum with rechargeable battery I use with the matching flashlight from home depot

The litters track more because they don't have fur is my understanding

I bath 1x a month with hylyt shampoo and can't use coconut oil bcz they hate water I wouldn't be able to rinse the oil off well which could attract more dirt. I do weekly wipe downs with baby washcloths that work better for me than the baby wipes.

Attachments

LokisMom

Lairian
@LokisMom , We tried it but it still tracked and kitty was not crazy about the litter like good ole Dr elseys precious cat unscented in the blue bag - it has very low to nil dust so I think it helps my 4 stay cleaner .
I keep a mini dustpan by each box and bought a little ryobi handheld vacuum with rechargeable battery I use with the matching flashlight from home depot

The litters track more because they don't have fur is my understanding

I bath 1x a month with hylyt shampoo and can't use coconut oil bcz they hate water I wouldn't be able to rinse the oil off well which could attract more dirt. I do weekly wipe downs with baby washcloths that work better for me than the baby wipes.
Ive been reading more reviews on dr elseys litter and i see alot of people on here use it also. I think im going to give it a try. And the shampoo too. Loki hates the water. Ive bathed him 2x now and the 2nd time my husband had to help. I want bath time to be easier on him (and me) he fought and screamed the whole time and i dont want to stress him too bad.
thanks for the advice!