Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Kitty looks flushed

tessblack

Banned
Hi

I have a tuxedo male named Tux, he is usually white on his chest but then sometimes he gets really pink. It looks like he is blushing, even on his face. Then a few hours will pass and he is white again. Is this normal or something I need to have looked at?

Any help would be great.

Thanks
tess

PitRottMommy

Banned
Tess, what you're likely seeing is an increase in blood pressure. The better the circulation to the area, the more pink it's going to look on a pale animal.

I find this to be true across the board with fair animals. I own three dogs with alot of white on their faces...and almost every time they get worked up, their muzzle goes red, their eyes become more pink, etc. Same applies to my red/cream sphynx.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Tess, what you're likely seeing is an increase in blood pressure. The better the circulation to the area, the more pink it's going to look on a pale animal.

I find this to be true across the board with fair animals. I own three dogs with alot of white on their faces...and almost every time they get worked up, their muzzle goes red, their eyes become more pink, etc. Same applies to my red/cream sphynx.

Delilah is our first dog with A white face and the same thing happens to her it used to worry me, the eye without the patch around it get really red sometimes?

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Kreacher does the same thing, especially after he comes out of a really warm spot, or after being bundled up like a burrito! I figure it just means they are healthy and warm :) Just the way a Sphynx should be!

Back