Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Kitty stroller v. bike trailer

lawgrl

Lairian
Sooo, today I informed hubby (lol) that I'm buying a Christmas present for the kitties: either a kitty stroller or a bike trailer. Small town gossip and crazy cat lady labels be damned...my kitties need to ride!

(Hubby is not particularly amused by my desire to ferry the kitties around and has said he refuses to be seen in public with me if I'm strolling or biking them around, lol:LOL::LOL::LOL:...but he's really a big softie and I predict a quick cave-in! He'll be pushing that stroller in no time!!)

Anyway, I can't decide if a stroller or a bike trailer would be better. Has anyone had a bike trailer for pets (pic below)? I know some of you guys have strollers? What do you think: stroller or trailer?

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have the stroller but I never thought of a bike trailer- good thinking! I guess it depends on what you like to do the most- ride bikes or walk. Either way you can't go wrong:BigSmile: My hubby caved in less than 2 days (I have my ways:LOL:).

ranalashae

Banned
After I read this post I too started looking at strollers thinking, maybe it would give me motivation to get out of the house and go for a walk! Well I came across what may be your perfect solution. There is a stroller converter for bike trailers... who knew! You can just google "stroller converters" to see it. A little on the pricey side, but maybe that would be cool for you if you like biking and walking too!

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
After I read this post I too started looking at strollers thinking, maybe it would give me motivation to get out of the house and go for a walk! Well I came across what may be your perfect solution. There is a stroller converter for bike trailers... who knew! You can just google "stroller converters" to see it. A little on the pricey side, but maybe that would be cool for you if you like biking and walking too!

Great idea! We had a biketrailer/jogger stroller when our kids were little. It came in handy so I'm not surprised they have designed them for pets. Just like some of the baby carseat stroller combos, I found Gleek a cute cat carrier that velcros into a folding stroller base that I really like using. It's great for stores and going to shows. If its wheels were all terrain, I would love it more.

wundrlust

Lairian
I love the stroller. When we are out people love to come and see the Nude Boys. It's a nice way to take a stroll and visit. The Boys also get to check out other peoples' pets if they are out.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I love my cat stroller and if I had a bike I'd get them a bike trailer too! lol It would probably be used more, walking for too long causes my back to hurt - biking only makes my butt hurt, I can deal with that better! lol

lawgrl

Lairian

That's perfect! Thanks for the info!!

I'd probably use the stroller more but I would love to be able to bike them around every now and then.

JacksMom

Banned
Jack LOVES both! And so do, I, I don't have a bike trailer, but I have a pet bike basket. Jack, if he sees his stroller, will go get into it and cry for me to take him for a walk. He LOVES going places in it. I do like the stroller bc I take him to petsmart, out to the park for picnics, to people's houses and it's easy to throw in the car. However, when I am at home and want an outting with my boy, I'd usually opt for a bike ride. So, both come in equally handy in both ways. I do take him for walks though, but then sometimes, he'll cry at the door when we get back to go out again, so boy always gets what boy wants, so many times a quick walk is usually followed by a longer bike ride. Below is Jack in his bike basket....

Attachments

• Jack bike basket.jpg
    Jack bike basket.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 23

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Jack LOVES both! And so do, I, I don't have a bike trailer, but I have a pet bike basket. Jack, if he sees his stroller, will go get into it and cry for me to take him for a walk. He LOVES going places in it. I do like the stroller bc I take him to petsmart, out to the park for picnics, to people's houses and it's easy to throw in the car. However, when I am at home and want an outting with my boy, I'd usually opt for a bike ride. So, both come in equally handy in both ways. I do take him for walks though, but then sometimes, he'll cry at the door when we get back to go out again, so boy always gets what boy wants, so many times a quick walk is usually followed by a longer bike ride. Below is Jack in his bike basket....

Loves Jacks basket - he is so cute in it!

ktate88

Banned
I have thought about this, too. I think it is a personal choice as to which you would use more. I see pluses for both.

With two cats, a stroller may be better.

I decided on the basket. I like the fabric ones because they look a bit bigger. I think safety wise the one Jack has will be better. My only concern about that one is sunburn but I figured I could make a little cover for the wire part.

lawgrl

Lairian
I love that pic of Jack in his basket...that is too cute! Mine both love to go for walks and for car rides (the DQ drive through is a fav), so I really think they would like a stroller and bike rides. I do like the idea of a basket because of it's position on the front of the bike (then I could see them when we're riding)...and I love that it's fleece lined!

Gizzymom

Banned

Does he get scared at all when you are riding?? And where did you get the basket??

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I have a bike trailer that converts into a stroller, and YES it can go inside. I have taken it to the mall and whatnot.