Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Klaus!

Lunaclaire

Lairian
Hi all!!

I lost my sweet sphynx Zola in October. It’s been a rough couple of months but yesterday I brought home my new baby, Klaus. He’s so sweet and affectionate. I love him so much. It’s been a little tumultuous because on the way back I found out my housemates cat is sick and possibly contagious... We don’t know for sure what’s up which is frustrating. so Klaus and I are staying at a friends house because they’re out of town until we get the clear from my housemates vet. I bleached everything but better safe than sorry!! I don’t want my new baby to get sick, especially since they don’t know what is is. He is settling in great though, the sweetest and cuddliest guy. My heart felt so broken but now it seems to be on the mend.

Attachments

• 12186B80-28F0-410C-A387-18565C4C8EC6.jpeg
    12186B80-28F0-410C-A387-18565C4C8EC6.jpeg
    53.3 KB · Views: 35
  • B98BFB3E-A63C-48D3-AC1B-D7946C705280.jpeg
    B98BFB3E-A63C-48D3-AC1B-D7946C705280.jpeg
    43.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 3624C2C7-E7A0-42E6-911E-C29BDF0A08EE.jpeg
    3624C2C7-E7A0-42E6-911E-C29BDF0A08EE.jpeg
    33.7 KB · Views: 31

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Lunaclaire Happy Klaus Gotcha! he is precious and very very special... Zola certainly sent you an adorable boy to love like she knew in this world.

very excited for you and Klaus.. we want lots of pics and updates!
bless you for opening your heart to Love.

Klaus you are a sweetie!
look forward to your journey with us!

hugs n head smooches!

(all paws crossed for your housemate's kitty
please keep us updated )

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello @Lunaclaire and welcome to Sphynxlair! So sorry to hear of your loss. Your new kitty is surely a cutie! Please enjoy the community! :)

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Congratulations with Klaus. What an adorable little boy. And so handsome he is.
Hope your roommates vet will find out what is going on with the other cat and you can go home soon!

Lunaclaire

Lairian
Thanks everyone!!! Klaus is an angel. But a crier! He cries every time I leave the room. He’s so cute. However, we got bad news. My roommates cat has corona virus and they think it’s mutated into FIP but unclear as its very hard to diagnose. I had been looking to move for a while but now I guess the choice is more clear.... luckily we can stay here for a month while we sort things out!

Toa and Ross

Staff member
So sorry to hear your roommates cat might have FIP.
Maybe good to know 70-80% of all cats have the coronavirus. The coronavirus itself won't cause issues. Only 2- 5% of the cats with the coronavirus will get FIP. FIP itself is not contagious
But better safe then sorry so when possible best not to be there with Klaus now.

Most kittens will cry for a week or 2 cause they miss their family and don't feel completly at home in their new house with their new mom. After a while he probably will cry less

Lunaclaire

Lairian
Thank you for checking in!!!

Well it’s been a lot — my roommates kitten passed away of FIP and my other roommates cat is fighting something off. This may sounds nuts, but I decided to move out on my own! I had been wanting to, and this felt like the push I needed. I couldn’t imagine how I would feel if I took Klaus home and he got sick.... so we’ve been staying at a friends and are moving into our own spot tomorrow! I got him a new cat condo to celebrate. I’m excited!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Lunaclaire, awh please give your xroomate my deepest condolences and prayers for her other kitty.

I understand the move... all paws crossed and positive vibes for the road ahead together in your new place. oooh I bet he likes his new condo!
when you can, love to see pics

lots of hugs n head smooches to Klaus
keep us updated

Back