Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Large Lump Under Skin

I've owned Sphynx cats for 12 years and this is a new one for me. My kitten (5 months old) has a large (about 1 inch in diameter) solid lump under her skin on her upper leg. It's bumpy and abnormal in shape when I feel it. The surface of the skin is pristine ... nothing but her smooth kitten skin. She's acting completely normal, and it doesn't seem to hurt her. I noticed it today...could have been there before today, but it would have been hard to *not* notice it.

any ideas? I've uploaded a photo.
lump.JPG

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I've owned Sphynx cats for 12 years and this is a new one for me. My kitten (5 months old) has a large (about 1 inch in diameter) solid lump under her skin on her upper leg. It's bumpy and abnormal in shape when I feel it. The surface of the skin is pristine ... nothing but her smooth kitten skin. She's acting completely normal, and it doesn't seem to hurt her. I noticed it today...could have been there before today, but it would have been hard to *not* notice it.

any ideas? I've uploaded a photo. View attachment 48347
Did you have an injection, rabies or other vaccination in that area recently? It's not uncommon to get a lump in the injection area, however that is a bit larger then I would think it would be if from an injection.

Thanks for the welcome! I am so excited to have found this forum!
She did get vaccinations, but it was 2 weeks ago. Seems like a long delay from shot to lump if that is the case?

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the welcome! I am so excited to have found this forum!
She did get vaccinations, but it was 2 weeks ago. Seems like a long delay from shot to lump if that is the case?
Is it in the same spot of the vaccination? Is it possible you didn't notice it perhaps? I would say that's what it is, just give the vet a call to confirm. :)

I'll call them Monday. It would of been hard to NOT notice the lump for 2 weeks, especially with a couple of baths thrown in there :) I think that is where one of the injections was.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I'll call them Monday. It would of been hard to NOT notice the lump for 2 weeks, especially with a couple of baths thrown in there :) I think that is where one of the injections was.
Keep us posted!

zoinks

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Looks just like how Dippy's leg looks after he gets shots. Usually it goes down after a few hours though. How long has it been like this? Is it soft to the touch or a hard lump?

Keep us updated!

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Our Bengal has had a bump for YEARS from a vaccination...it could very well be that. When you look at a naked...there is nothing to hide. Hopefully your vet will have some advice that will put you at ease.

Patti

any ideas? I've uploaded a photo. View attachment 48347
I know this is an old post, hopefully you're still on here.... just wondering if you ever found out what the lump was from?