Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Leaky watery eyes

Janusz

Lairian
Hi y’all,

I have a question and am hoping someone else has experienced this...selfishly, so they can lend some advice. :)

My Mooshka LaRue has unusually leaky eyes. Always tearing up and I find myself wiping her face like 5 times a day. She has been this way since we adopted her 5 months ago. I am wondering if it may be allergies or perhaps there is an eye drop that one can recommend. Any advice is always greatly appreciated.

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Perhaps give L-Lysine a try.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Janusz

Lairian
Perfect! Why have I never heard of this? Lol

Thank you so much. I just ordered from Chewy.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Janusz hugs n head smooches

Do you use a scented litter maybe sensitive to? Scented fabric softeners or detergent ?
I would give Linda a jingle for her expertise :)

Following for updates

Condo commando

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Just for clarity - lysine works for some cats with the herpesvirus, which causes eye discharge. However there are other things that cause eye discharge that lysine wouldn't have any effect on. Also, not all cats with herpesvirus show improvement with lysine. It's worth a shot, but to make sure there isn't anything else going on it's a good idea to let a vet have a look, especially if it's constant.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@oilyanimalhuman welcome! Joe you ca masher a pic of your baby
Look forward to pics and tales !

Great advice by @Condo commando
*****Always best to vet check for early intervention if something going on .

There are varied results of l-Lysine depending on individual kitties .
There are recent studies as well about effectiveness .

oilyanimalhuman

Lairian
Hi! Thank you Yoda mom! and thank you for the replies! We have been to the vet multiple times and done eye tests and everything is fine. I think he may have been born with it ?? As he's had it since we got him. It's not extreme, it's just something he has always had. It used to be red water only on his left eye but now it's just clear water more so on the left eye, but sometimes on the right. We've had two lots of drops for his eye but it doesn't seem to go away. If there is any advice you may have or natural solutions would be appreciated! Thank you again.