Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Leaving for Three Days - Miss My Babies!!!

So we are leaving early tomorrow until Tuesday evening. Sphynx do not get to go. Even though it is not for a long period of time, I have never been away from them.

We have got a room for a couple of nights at a posh hotel that I have been wanting to stay in and I am very excited but I am already feeling sad to leave them.

My father in law is coming over every day to feed them, check their water and give them some love and attention. They love Grandpa and he loves his Grandcats. So that makes me happy. But they won't have anyone to snuggle with at night or to give them hugs and cuddles when they are lonely.

Gable has not left my side all day. I even started crying a bit earlier. Seriously! What is my problem?! We are only going to to be gone for two nights! Hubby laughs at me and calls me a sucky baby....LOL!

I knew you would all understand....

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Don't feel bad, I felt the very same way when I went on a cat-free vacation a couple of weeks ago. I kept texting my Mom "How are the cats?". I felt like I was betraying them:Woo: However, when I returned they acted like I'd just been gone for the day; such forgiving animals lol

Relax and have a great time. The hotel sounds FUN!!! Your babies might miss you but they'll forgive you. Have fun!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
yup kiennasmom is right. they will miss you but youll be forgiven. snuffie always meows alot when i come home from only being gone a few hours... its like 10 meows all connected like she is hollaring at me. lol pardon all the lower case..snuffie is on me,,,she cant be bothered...lol

lol pardon all the lower case..snuffie is on me,,,she cant be bothered...lol

Gable was doing that to me this morning. Sitting on my lap between me and the laptop. If I tried to move too much, he would meow in protest and ever so slightly dig his claws in to my thighs...

tessblack

Banned
Don't worry you are not alone in that feeling. I miss them so much and look forward to cell pics I get of them. But no snuggles in bed, that sucks.

see you soon.

t

Bella07

Banned
Ohhhh, enjoy your time on your little get away! I'm sure that your father in law will spoil your babies so much, time will fly, and you will be back home in no time. Enjoy!