Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Let's Get Back To Being Friendly

Fester

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Susi: well said!!

As someone I consider very wise once said: "how do you make good friends? be the type of friend you would want to have"

If we all remember what it is about SL that we love (other than the cute sphynx pics:LOL:) and try to be that type of SL member, I think this will continue to be a great place on the net!

and the wise man?-- he's said some other clever things that saved me a lot of problems -- stuff like "you shouldn't siphon gas with a lit cigarette" --Thanks Dad!

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I must have missed something. I try to keep comments to myself that others may think to be rude or snarky. Trust me there has been something eating at me that I would LOVE to say something about but it would do no good to anyone so I kept my yap shut. Yes, we must all get along, but if you post something openly you need to be prepared for someone else to disagree and maybe say something, that is life. I honestly haven't seen much that would seem bad so I don't know this forum is tame compaired to otheres I have been on.

holly_savage

Banned
I learned a long time ago, when IM-ing and emailing first started to become popular, that what we think or say with humour in our eyes or voice, does not express itself very well via keyboard...the dry wit or biting sarcasm gets lost enroute to the recipient and just ends up sounding like a mean repriment or critisism. I love the LOL`s aan JK`s but sometimes they don`t cut it either.
:BigSmile:

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm new here, I came here just a month ago. The day after I lost Little Ren and I was looking for ideas on how to help Pedda with being an only cat, and a link led me to here. Being here has helped me more than I can say. It's given me an outlet to express myself to others who really understand what I'm going through. I was trying to explain how I felt to my mom and she just didn't get it. But here I can say "If a person is lucky, very lucky, one time in their life they will have that pet who is so close to them that they are everything. And that was Little Ren to me." And you understand. The lair has been not only a haven but a place of healing for me.

But there are bound to be disagreements when more than one person expresses an opinion. The thing to remember is to do so respectfully and to try to be supportive even when you agree to disagree. I truly apologize to those who were offended by my posting about scanning for HCM.

But admin, I don't think that limiting discussion about HCM or any other health issue would benefit anyone. Would you believe that when I came here I had extensive knowledge and experience about HCM in Maine Coons, but it was the multiple postings here in the lair that made me realize that it existed in Sphynx too? I had no idea - I thought it was pretty much contained to that one particular bloodline of Maine Coons! Pedda has her cardiologist evaluation and scan in two weeks as a direct result of what I've read here. And if she does scan positive, I know that we'll have caught it much earlier than otherwise would have happened and her chances for a longer, more healthy life will be greatly increased. And I am humbly thankful to the lair and everyone who shared their HCM experiences for that, and I thank each and every one of you for sharing your pain in the hopes that it may help another kitty. That, imho, personifies friendship and caring more than anything in the world.

As for the member we lost... every forum has rules for a reason. If one wishes to remain a member then they follow the rules or accept the consequences.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I'm new here, I came here just a month ago. The day after I lost Little Ren and I was looking for ideas on how to help Pedda with being an only cat, and a link led me to here. Being here has helped me more than I can say. It's given me an outlet to express myself to others who really understand what I'm going through. I was trying to explain how I felt to my mom and she just didn't get it. But here I can say "If a person is lucky, very lucky, one time in their life they will have that pet who is so close to them that they are everything. And that was Little Ren to me." And you understand. The lair has been not only a haven but a place of healing for me.

Hugs and love to you...

Christine

Lairian
Hey...can I say that I might be a member of the other site....not sure if it is the one you are all discussing. I had no idea anything was going on. I have two different user names....I just chose to use my middle name on this site. I really think I was having a paranoid moment lol who knows :Hysterical:
Please don't think that I am ever going to try to cause trouble. I am just trying to take care of my new baby and I appreciate all of the advice. I don't like people to think i have negative intentions.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
There is nothing bad posted over there about sphynx lair.
I am in many sphynx sites because I want to learn as much as I can about the breed.

MikkiJean

Lairian
P.S. Most of my friends/family are not in love with my cat. They call her mean names and talk about how weird I am for wanting he. They just don't see it I guess!! Glad I have this site to make me realize I'm NOT crazy and that these are AWESOME cats!!!!

When I posted a pic of a Sphynx I was thinking about on FB, only one of 4 or 5 comments was positive. Everyone thought she was ugly :Cry::Cry: Even my boyfriend makes fun of their "huge batlike ears" :Angry: But I promised him he'd fall in love when we finally get our sphynx baby. I know one day we will get one:Smile:

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
When I posted a pic of a Sphynx I was thinking about on FB, only one of 4 or 5 comments was positive. Everyone thought she was ugly :Cry::Cry: Even my boyfriend makes fun of their "huge batlike ears" :Angry: But I promised him he'd fall in love when we finally get our sphynx baby. I know one day we will get one:Smile:

Don't listen to the haters. They will never know how loving these cats can be. Don't give up on your search. I know you will find the right Sphynx someday. And when that day comes your heart is going to be blown away!

MikkiJean,

My husband was not fond of Sphynx or cats in general until we got Gable. Then he agreed to bringing home Amaryllis only 6 months later. Now he is head over heels about these cats! He loves them! Once you meet a Sphynx, they steal your heart! As far as people who think they are ugly and such, well they just don't know what they are missing!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
MikkiJean,

My husband was not fond of Sphynx or cats in general until we got Gable. Then he agreed to bringing home Amaryllis only 6 months later. Now he is head over heels about these cats! He loves them! Once you meet a Sphynx, they steal your heart! As far as people who think they are ugly and such, well they just don't know what they are missing!

Yup, I'd have to agree. Jimmy wasnt to excited over cats at all mainly because he has allergies and never really had a chance at forming a love for them. Then when I brought home Snuffie and he could bury his face in her belly without his throat closing up he fell inlove instantly. He now takes atleast one photo a day and when he comes home from work he kisses her hello instead of me! lol He even kisses her goodbye before work!! What is up with that! lol

MikkiJean

Lairian
Good to know!! I have no doubt in my mind he will adjust when I finally get my baby. We have a furry boy at home now and he wasn't even fond of the idea when I got him. But now he loves him and cuddles and plays with him all the time :BigSmile:

Jamiecrn

Lairian
Well,
Let me say I am a newbie, I have felt nothing but kindness from all of you. I have been on these types of forums before and never felt like I could ask a question, make a comment or share and observation without being repremanded. So, I thank all of you for your overwhelming warmth and kindness.:BigSmile:
Oh and PS, you have never me feel stupid for asking a question!

Shell_Baby

Lairian
I haven't been on the site this past week, so I missed what was going on. However, this site is ALWAYS AMAZING on info and etiquette. I have been on numerous other forums and usually left them due to drama. I love you all and have learned so much! Thanks to all, especially the admins, for making this a great place to be! Hugs to all! :ThumbsUp:

NiceGirlsFakeIt

Lairian
I lub this site! I have been MIA for a while because my husband and I are preparing for some crap coming up, so I've been busy. I don't know what all was said, but everyone I have come across has been super helpful and nice and very welcoming! I hope the site stays that way!

Is there any way someone could explain in a nutshell what happened? And possibly send it in a private message, so it's no rehashed all over the board again? I saw one of my 'friend's' names in the mass email, so I'm kind of confused.

Luuub lub lub you guys! OH! And Ming is no longer pooping on the floor! YAY!!!

Back