Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Let's Get Back To Being Friendly

Diesel

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Susi, It still is the friendliest place. Did you like the Butt Sniff thread I started? Something to begin Saturday morning off right ! Friendly and light.

susi794

Staff member
Yes, I did...and admin is working on helping me get those moo cows in my display box. Thanks for giving me 3 of 'em!

Franksmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I love this forum. I have learned so much from so many people. If it wasn't for all of the Sphynx lovers here I would have been very confused about things I didn't know. Pease just be nice and get along for our Sphynx babies!

uzska75

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
wow I haven't been on in a week or so and seems I missed this. It's strange this would happen here. Like I tell my teen son....Just ignore mean and negative people because they feed off of your negative reaction. You can't control other peoples actions or wrods but u do have control over your own responce to it.
I will always continue to come to the lair because even if their are a few negatives there are way more postive people to tip the scale to make it a great place.

Lickleone

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
no look at the date of last post before yours which is susi's... 2011 the dead is being resurrected lol .. it must be cause of Halloween lol

PrimateLove

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Wow, I must have missed a lot traveling :Sad: This place was my go to source when I first got my Emma Leigh and is one of my favorite places to visit on the internet.

I have met one member in person so far and am hoping to meet another this weekend half way around the world. I can't think of another place where a cat could bring strangers together with such an amazing bond.

I love everything about the Lair, but I to HATE when people lash out in a mean way...opinions and they are like sphynx booties...on this site, we all have them and most of them stink...hee hee...but they are opinions, they are ours and they need to be respected.

Again...I have no clue what transpired, and personally, I don't plan on digging into what happened...it's in the past...but what I don't want to see happen is exactly what Susi said...I don't want to see this place change. I love everyone here and you guys have been here for me during my travels when I miss my Emma or have questions.

I am very passoniate about this site, we understand eachother and our love for these amazing creatures...let's keep the love going...I can tell you from personal experience...not many understand the love we have and it is nice to have a community that does :Smile:

Group Hug!!!!!

susi794

Staff member
The incident in question happened a long time ago....admin just made it a sticky so it would always be there to remind everyone to play nice. Nothing has happened lately, so don't get worried anybody. The Lair is alive and well and everybody IS playing nice.

Nicky00

Lairian
I think this site is absolutely amazing and is the most friendly site I have been on. To give a bit of a comparison I was briefly part of an online Facebook group that promotes the same concept of the lair. Someone asked me where I got my baby and I tried to tell them. The admin swooped in and deleted my comments bc the breeder wasn't on their approved list bc she didn't fix her cats before they are adopted. I tried to explain tht my breeder is CFA register and that her litters have small kittens so the vet advised to wait. The admin was extremely condescending and called me an idiot. They accused me of getting my sphynx from a backyard breeder. They also called me dumb for not knowing that my kitten had darkened from a chocolate to a seal point. This is the ADMIN being rude and name calling. I have never, not once felt like the members and especially not the admin were looking down on me or judging me for not knowing something,asking a question or stating a opinion.

Staceyxxx

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I think this site is absolutely amazing and is the most friendly site I have been on. To give a bit of a comparison I was briefly part of an online Facebook group that promotes the same concept of the lair. Someone asked me where I got my baby and I tried to tell them. The admin swooped in and deleted my comments bc the breeder wasn't on their approved list bc she didn't fix her cats before they are adopted. I tried to explain tht my breeder is CFA register and that her litters have small kittens so the vet advised to wait. The admin was extremely condescending and called me an idiot. They accused me of getting my sphynx from a backyard breeder. They also called me dumb for not knowing that my kitten had darkened from a chocolate to a seal point. This is the ADMIN being rude and name calling. I have never, not once felt like the members and especially not the admin were looking down on me or judging me for not knowing something,asking a question or stating a opinion.
Bless sorry for your experience on other sites! I find this site sooo useful n Eveyone cares n loves there kitty’s n urs! When my kitty was sick I got so much good advice n support from everyone!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Nicky00 , Awh ((hugs))
So glad you are part of our Sphynxlair family !
Fwiw, the Sphynxlair is my only social media ..

We all learn and grow together here for the love of Sphynx :)
Whether here for the first day or years .. Everyone is a contributing member .
Every member is a valuable part of the part of the lair family.

Give your precious girl a big head smooch from me :)
She has the most adorable sweet face ! She is gorgeous!
Love the pics you shared with us in your other post

Nicky00

Lairian
@Nicky00 , Awh ((hugs))
So glad you are part of our Sphynxlair family !
Fwiw, the Sphynxlair is my only social media ..

We all learn and grow together here for the love of Sphynx :)
Whether here for the first day or years .. Everyone is a contributing member .
Every member is a valuable part of the part of the lair family.

Give your precious girl a big head smooch from me :)
She has the most adorable sweet face ! She is gorgeous!
Love the pics you shared with us in your other post
Thank you! You and the rest of the lair fam have been a tremendous help to me! And don't let that innocent face fool you she is a diva and very mischievous! Case in point here is a pic of her sitting on my laptop during finals week bc I wasn't paying her enough attention.

Attachments

• 20180325_040743(0).jpg
    20180325_040743(0).jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 33

Toa and Ross

Staff member

Sorry you had to deal with this! Hugs for you. Glad you found sphynxlair!

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
I know it can get pretty “catty” in some of the other cat groups. Every member tries their best to be helpful and respectful. After all it’s about helping cats and their people, not trying to turn them away so their cat suffers the consequences. Glad you are enjoying.

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Thank you! You and the rest of the lair fam have been a tremendous help to me! And don't let that innocent face fool you she is a diva and very mischievous! Case in point here is a pic of her sitting on my laptop during finals week bc I wasn't paying her enough attention.

Laptops make great butt warmers! ;-)

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Most cat FB groups are very OTT.
The "You must feed RAW" brigade is usually very vocal there (and quite abusive.)
Other than that... *shrug*
It's not that bad. (You should visit some of the horse sites I've rapidly backed out of!!)
That said, I haven't seen whatever nastiness transpired.
I love me "my" Sphynx Lair. :)

Lisa Katz

Lairian
I had no idea how afraid people would be of my Sphynx. I host a meet up game night at my house and have to keep the kitty upstairs when one of the ladies comes over. She is terrified of the cat. Then, a friend of mine that has 3 cats(with fur) did not want to meet my cat because she said hairless cats look like aliens. I don't even know how to respond. I usually just nervously laugh as I don't want to make a big deal about it. But, deep down it offends me since I find them to be so beautiful. I guess beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
@Lisa Katz fun to see you revived this old thread. So many newbies will probably appreciate knowing they are not alone in some of the negative responses toward their hairless wonders. I have been blessed with this breed for 19 years and yes there are always some that are just rude. I used to feel offended and then that changed to…wow I feel sorry for them being close minded. Perhaps an appropriate response these days is no bashing or bullying allowed in this home might make them realize they are rude.

I wonder why some just cannot find the cuteness in hairless babies like they do in fur babies? I think both are adorable! Might say a lot about we hairless lovers as humans.

Beckinboots

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I
I had no idea how afraid people would be of my Sphynx. I host a meet up game night at my house and have to keep the kitty upstairs when one of the ladies comes over. She is terrified of the cat. Then, a friend of mine that has 3 cats(with fur) did not want to meet my cat because she said hairless cats look like aliens. I don't even know how to respond. I usually just nervously laugh as I don't want to make a big deal about it. But, deep down it offends me since I find them to be so beautiful. I guess beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
Sorry you've had this experience. I judge people on how they treat my animals. I lost interest in any interaction with one of my husband's aunts because she called my blind, ancient Siamese heart cat, Horus, dirty because he used his litter tray. How people treat animals speaks volumes about them. I was also really quite upset when I introduced my sphynx, Rankle, to my nephew via video call and he said "eugh! That's rank". No pun intended as I hadn't told him Rankle's name yet.

Sheldon13

Staff member
I am intolerant of VERY few things. But people cutting down my cat is one of them. Everyone handles it differently, but me...those people don’t get invited over again.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Natalie Murphy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I feel you disappointment especially when you know you have the worlds most awesome intellectual little soul in your care. I live in China and most people are afraid of any little animal. So when I started taking my boy outside for walks in my community I had the same reaction it was so bad no one would even get in the elevator with me and Shamus. Kids would run away from him screaming and crying. My apartment block is 31 floors with 12 apartments on each floor. There are 3 other buildings exactly the same So to get an elevator alone was bliss.
Now they see him more often and come up to chat. He is the only cat walking on a leash in my community It has taken them a year to get used to him. Now he is a big hit.
Your friends will come around just give them time. I would leave the door open and let him join in next time stuff them
I agree with Sheldon13 I doubt they will be invited back. So far I have none of these friends they all come over to see my cat not me nowadays He has won over everyone he meets. Even the kids in my community now. They run up to see him

Natalie Murphy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I totally missed everything that happened but I just wanted to say how lovely and supportive everyone has been in the past ❤️ This is such a lovely community
I totally agree This group is my sanity and only social interaction I have on the internet The help and advice I have been given here has blown my heart and mind away. If I could never have of survived with sanity to looking after my Sphynx without the help and advice from all you beautiful ladies

Back