Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Letty spay

denise irwin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
My little girl had her surgery yesterday and now she has a bit of girgle with her breathing. @Bailey21 thinks its a bit of irritation from the tube when she was asleep. Im gonna call the vet right at 9 am .she is eating and drinking and playing a little (as much as she can with the cone as she is licking ). Niko ,you wouldn't have known he had anything done lol no cone nothing. Running around like crazy playing already.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Sending healing vibes. A good sign she's eating, drinking and playing. But always good to let her check by the vet. Better safe then sorry.
Good to hear Niko is running around like nothing ever happened!

denise irwin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Update. :
Vet said the tube probably irritated her throat and long as she is eating and drinking she will be okay and to give it time as hasn't been 24 hours yet. Follow up on Tuesday since Monday is a holiday here in Canada . Of course i can take her sooner if anything comes up.

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Air tubes are always an irritant – for humans and animals. Although some aren't as affected as others. The fact that she is eating and drinking is great news. And it sounds like you have a good bet.

I totally hear you when you say that you never thought you could worry this much. I'm better now, but there was a time I would freak out over every little thing. Still, I think it says a lot about how much we care. And I've never met a more caring group of individuals who have animal companions as I do here on the SphynxLair.

denise irwin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@yodamom

Niko is great like nothing ever happened. Letty im still a bit worried about as still a bit of gurgle breathing. She is eating and drinking and has peed and pooped today. She is still very tired but im hoping thats normal. Thanks for all the support. This site has amazing people

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Letty girl is doing okay! I think her throat is still irritated as she will have an odd somewhat cough like fit, I’ll bring her to water and she’ll drink lots up as I’m guessing the cold water helps soothe her throat. I used to work at a vet office and spays are much more tedious then the neuters! I always hated seeing the breathing tube put in, looks so painful :( Niko is of course a giant suck running around with big brother Yoda keeping him busy.
74c18dd3213a2da6daabda2db3d66840.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I'm really happy to hear that Letty is doing well. And goodness, those last couple of photographs are outstanding. So much cuteness.

denise irwin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Its been 3 days and im glad to say most of the gurgle is gone. She will still have a few coughing fits after drinking but in postive it will be okay by end week. She is starting to get her energy back too. She melts my heart.
f20f7fee969c7ccb8978bb1a37695741.jpg

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Letty is gorgeous! So happy to hear she's almost completly well again.

She looks so proud into the camera. Love that pic.

And you mommy...you can have a big sigh...away with the worries!

Back