Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Light marks appearing on sphynx's skin

Kawiipops

Lairian
image.jpeg
Hi, I'm new to owning a Sphynx. Our boy Woody is 6 months old, and lately we have noticed small light marks are appearing on his legs and side of body. Does anyone have any ideas what they may be?
Thanks in advance.

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Looks like natural pigmentation. Often as they get older and start sunning, some areas naturally darken and others areas remain lighter. None of the spots are raised or irritated?

This also usually happens in the darker Sphynx. It happened in our tuxedo girls at about 6 months of age.
ccdb836e0d07f0e6169a909288f28ef4.jpg
on body
ada0af9210e77c3b33e8d7aafb92432d.jpg
on head

You can see some white spots in this shot. They came out as soon as Spring came and she started hanging in the windows. Usually in the winter these disappear. She also gets some very dark splotches in warmer months as well.

Patti

Last edited:
U

user123

I know nothing about pigment, unfortunately. Just came here to say: Oh my WOWEE@Catzzzmeow, what a stunner you have there. :love:

admin

Administrator
Staff member
View attachment 67907 Hi, I'm new to owning a Sphynx. Our boy Woody is 6 months old, and lately we have noticed small light marks are appearing on his legs and side of body. Does anyone have any ideas what they may be?
Thanks in advance.
On our Leo who is similar in color, he also gets marks like this which is actually old scar tissue discoloeration where he may have scratched at one time. :)

smokeysphynx

Lairian
Smokey has the same thing - nothing to worry about! Like everyone else has mentioned, this is natural pigmentation (or lack thereof). What a beautiful baby up above in this thread as well!!!

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@Kawiipops these are normal marks whether it's from an old scratch or something else. Nothing to worry about. After I got my third sphynx, I began noticing white marks all over his back and sides within months. Nobody knew what it was and, of course, I was concerned. Then it hit me! The three of them were ill...sneezing their heads off all day long. My Simon was getting sneezed on left and right and once the drops of mucus dried and came off of Simon, it took dots of his peach fuzz with it leaving him with these white speckles here and there!

That's all it was in my situation. I don't know if you have any other pets, but if you do and they are sneezing right now, then there's the answer. In any case, any cause, it's nothing to worry about.

Spoilmesphynx

Lairian
Looks like natural pigmentation. Often as they get older and start sunning, some areas naturally darken and others areas remain lighter. None of the spots are raised or irritated?

This also usually happens in the darker Sphynx. It happened in our tuxedo girls at about 6 months of age.
ccdb836e0d07f0e6169a909288f28ef4.jpg
on body
ada0af9210e77c3b33e8d7aafb92432d.jpg
on head

You can see some white spots in this shot. They came out as soon as Spring came and she started hanging in the windows. Usually in the winter these disappear. She also gets some very dark splotches in warmer months as well.

Patti
Hi. im worried about Lightening- she is gray momma cat. Ive noticed she has a lot of white spots. Does it look normal? Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_4027.JPG
    IMG_4027.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_4028.JPG
    IMG_4028.JPG
    132.8 KB · Views: 230

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
@Spoilmesphynx it looks normal to me. If no scabs and not raised etc, it most likely is pigmentation. I noticed the other day our dark girl's head has more whites spots again due to hanging in the windows. Her back also has stripes from tanning the wrinkles. I just snapped these for you with my phone. Hers fade or totally disappear after summer sunbathing lol.
86d8f4229f6927fc6ceccd7fb6d3912d.jpg
9491721af10b611fd389dbbc2ffd849a.jpg

Patti