Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Linguini is sneezing....

Hairlesslove

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Linguini started sneezing on Sunday so we took him on Monday to the vet. He also has watery eyes and some white yellowish eye discharge. The vet thinks it was from the stress of the plane. He is eating and playing perfectly fine. I am worried for my little boy,Hopefully it goes away quickly!

He gave us Clavamox and Tobramycin Ophthalmic drops for the eyes and nose.

I am keeping Mickey away from him. Hopefully he doesn't catch it!!!!

susi794

Staff member
I would also make sure he is getting some L-Lysine. Also, if he doesn't respond well to the Clavamox--(mine never did) tell your vet that these cats respond well to doxycycline. It was the only thing that cured my cats of the same symptoms you are seeing here.

Bella07

Banned
Aaaww, I'm sorry to hear that he's getting sick. I hope that Linguini starts feeling better! Good Luck little guy!

SphynxInfo

Lairian
I'll have to second Suzi's comment about the doxycycline - it's amazing how different these cats are. In humans, doxycycline in long term usages can cause skin sensitivity and thin skin however I don't know how this will effect a sphynx. Good Luck :Smile:

LucyFurrr

Lairian
I would also make sure he is getting some L-Lysine. Also, if he doesn't respond well to the Clavamox--(mine never did) tell your vet that these cats respond well to doxycycline. It was the only thing that cured my cats of the same symptoms you are seeing here.
I couldn't agree more. L-Lysine is a fantastic supplement to even give daily for preventative. I had one female that got such a bad case of Rino Virus she was sneezing and coughing until she fell over. Some Doxy and boosted L-Lysine took it away within a few days.

Hairlesslove

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Where can I find the L-Lysine Supplement?

Mickey's eye looks a lot better today but still have some tears and Linguini looks good he doesnt have watery eyes anymore!

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have seen it in health food stores or you can buy it online.

Hairlesslove

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Is that for humans also? I have never seen it? Is it a pill?

ktate88

Banned
Is that for humans also? I have never seen it? Is it a pill?
I take Lysine sometimes for fever blisters and when I am feeling sick. You can get a pill/capsule, but you need to look up the appropriate dose.

Your vet should have a gel version. Just ask they may give it to you since its a supplement, not a medicine. Ours is called Viralysis. Niles hates it btw, and I mixed it with his wet food.

A local pet or feed store MAY have it.

(Niles sneezed and had enlarged lymph nodes for the first few weeks I had him. He came from PA to FL in the plane cabin with me. It took about 2-3 weeks of lysine 2x/day and wei qi(chinese immune booster) 2x/day to reduce the lymph nodes.)