Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Linguini Nursing on Mickey???????

Hairlesslove

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Ok so every morning I find Linguini nursing on Mickey!!!!:Woo: Yesterday Mickey got really mad and ran away but this morning he was sitting there letting Linguini nurse on him! lol...Poor baby..Why is Linguini doing that? Is it because he still need his mommy?...

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I suspect it is a comfort thing, but also in his sleep induced state he may be hungry. Although Mickey is being a good sport, I might try to discourage their nursing sessions and try to distract Linguini.

Hairlesslove

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I suspect it is a comfort thing, but also in his sleep induced state he may be hungry. Although Mickey is being a good sport, I might try to discourage their nursing sessions and try to distract Linguini.

Yes I think he was hungry,I gave him his morning wet food and he ate the whole thing! I also leave some dry kitten food but he has a hard time chewing them.

Hairlesslove

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Linguini ate a lot and ran back to Mickey and tried to nurse on Mickey again so I guess he's not doing it because he is hungry....:Woo:This is the first time I see a kitten doing this.Hopefully it will go away soon....

ktate88

Banned
Yes I think he was hungry,I gave him his morning wet food and he ate the whole thing! I also leave some dry kitten food but he has a hard time chewing them.

You can add a little water to soften it up a bit.

As far as nursing...Niles was still nursing on his mother up until the few days before he left at almost 13 weeks. Apparently she wanted them to nurse and would coo, purr, etc to get them to! I was tempted to get him some milk but decided he had to be weened at some point.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
It sounds like a comfort thing to me. How old is Linguini? I would discourage it and try to comfort him with petting and snuggling.

JacksMom

Banned
I am having a similar problem, too, with Jack. He's been nursing on himself for weeks now EVERY time he's ready to go to sleep. I can distract him and he goes right back looking for his own tit! I wake up to him at night sucking and kneeding and purring. It's kinda bothering me because this can't be normal. I know it's a comfort thing for him b/c he's not hungry and only does it to put himself to sleep. I sure hope it stops because he does it ALL the time when he's ready to go to sleep...especially in the evening! I sure wish he would nurse on something I can control or keep him from, but how do I keep him from himself when I am not there all day or awake all night to stop him! ARG! Crazy boy...he actually looks like a little freak when he does it! I have to laugh :LOL:

Gullivers Keeper

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Gulliver nurses on the 2 softest fleece blankets we have, and it is usually at night before bed, sometimes in the middle of the night I wake up to him purring kneading and suckling his blanket... He's 16 months old, I don' t think it's ever going away! :LOL:

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Dinka still tries to nurse. It is usually at bedtime. He is getting better and not doing it so frequently.:Smile:

Nerfbag

Lairian
When my Waldo was alive he was kneading all the time and occasionally would try to suck on my neck. We weird, but made him all that more lovable.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
SoBe would try nursing on Snuffie the first few days she was here. Snuffie would let her. lol Poor girl. Luckily it has stopped and now they just snuggle and give each other baths. I can handle that! lol

Back