Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Lip sores??

Annubrius

Lairian
Hello SL Crew!

Just wondering if anyone has run into this issue or something similar in their sphynxy owning days?

I noticed that Nuhn had these little red patches under his lips since day one. Not gotten better, but not much worse either until today. They look a bit more angry. He's got adult canines coming in right now, so I'm not sure if it's contributing to the issue.

Attachments

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello SL Crew!

Just wondering if anyone has run into this issue or something similar in their sphynxy owning days?

I noticed that Nuhn had these little red patches under his lips since day one. Not gotten better, but not much worse either until today. They look a bit more angry. He's got adult canines coming in right now, so I'm not sure if it's contributing to the issue.
There are a few instances of a similar sores here - sores by mouth I think @MollysMom called them "rodent ulcers." :)

Last edited:

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I hope it's nothing serious. But, if it continues to get
worse, I would take him to the Vet.

LithiumLittle

Lairian
Mine is the one from the linked thread.
They went away within a week, and the vet didn't seem worried at all about them. Just keep an eye out in case they get bigger.

Annubrius

Lairian
They're not getting bigger, but I spotted dry blood on his lips this morning.

I just had him in at the vet and he didn't seem to think too much of it. I heard using cortisone cream could help, but I'm sure he would just lick it off.

He's got a follow up exam with his doc on Thursday, so we'll see then.. :/

Toa and Ross

Staff member
They're not getting bigger, but I spotted dry blood on his lips this morning.

I just had him in at the vet and he didn't seem to think too much of it. I heard using cortisone cream could help, but I'm sure he would just lick it off.

He's got a follow up exam with his doc on Thursday, so we'll see then.. :/
Thanks for the update. Glad to hear the vet doesn't seem to think too much of it! Hope it will get better soon.