Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Lisa Kelly from Ice Road Truckers hasn a sphynx

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Greetings,

Lisa Kelly is an ice road trucker from the TV show Ice Road Truckers on the History Channel. I was looking on her web site and was surprised to see a sphynx. She has a sphynx named Tanza.

main.php

main.php

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I hadn't heard of this show. I had to look it up. :Wink:

What a difficult job. I'm glad the woman has found the perfect way to warm up after weeks of freezing her butt off.

Inferno12

Banned
Thanks for sharing. I love her but I had no idea that she had a Sphynx. Someone should send her an invitation to the Lair! :ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp:

I like her even more now :LOL::LOL:

Ducky01

Lairian
I saw a vid on the internet the other day and they panned across the living room and I thought I saw a Sphynx but it was so fast that I wasn't sure.

That's a brave kitty up there in that cold!!

susi794

Staff member
What is Ice Road Truckers? I am old and so hopelessly out of the loop....ROFLMAO at myself! I'm such a dufus!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
What is Ice Road Truckers? I am old and so hopelessly out of the loop....ROFLMAO at myself! I'm such a dufus!

You have to watch it atleast once. My Aunt is a trucker and has been tossing the idea of going for a ice road trucker career since they make several times over what a normal truck driver does. She said after 3 seasons she could retire..nice thought huh?? Well I sat down one Sunday and watched a marathon and my lord, It was so interesting to me I didnt look at the clock again until dinner time! I was a total bum all day watching that show! lol Now I set the DVR and watch the regular series. Basically its truckers who truck items across the frozen artic oceans/rivers to deliver supplies and goods to small towns or oil fields and such. They have some crucial experiences on that show. The ice cracks under the weight of their trucks,,its suspenseful I think. lol

holly_savage

Banned
I was a "regular road" trucker for a few years.Loved it...met a lot of great Americans while on the road, but I hated driving in the snow storms and in the mountains during the winter...don't think I'd have the "gonads" to that job...power to her and that bunch! SOmeone's got to do it right?

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

An ice road trucker is someone that drives trucks up North. Way up north. There are a few mines and oil refineries/wells that need supplies and equipment in Canada and Alaska. The truckers haul it up to them. The catch is they only have three months to do it. During the summer it's a vast archipelago. There are no roads or bridges so, they have to wait until winter when the lakes freeze over. The truckers then use the ice as a road, hence, ice road trucker.

The truckers claim they can make a years salary in a few weeks.

holly_savage

Banned
Hey Mike, it's not all that "way up north":Wink::Wink: ...I lived in a city in Northern Ontario (yes we had roads) but there were many communities to the north of us that have no road access year round...you have to take a water plane to get there...a four pack of toilet paper can cost $20...Sorry not a square to spare at that price eh?

And this is all being typed with a smile on my face, no insult meant, I just know that to some folks from Texas the conditions in some places in Canada can be difficult to imagine!)

susi794

Staff member
And pray tell, exactly what does a big a$$ truck do in the middle of the frozen Pacific Ocean as the ice cracks from under them?? That is definitely not a job for the likes of me....I am a wimp.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I said ocean - my bad!! lol I'm not sure where they are driving, all I know its in the artic somewhere. Geography isnt my strong sub. lol

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
And this is all being typed with a smile on my face, no insult meant, I just know that to some folks from Texas the conditions in some places in Canada can be difficult to imagine!)[/QUOTE]

LOL....this is part of the reason why Nofuratu does his own educational travel blog around Atlantic Canada. We live in New Brunswick, Canada and I have had so many southerners seriously tell me I must live in an igloo.
Someone even told me
"you must not be a NATIVE Canadian because you speak such good english"
Seriously? I was so very befuddled by that comment.....did he mean like Native as in Indian/Aboriginal? or did he mean French Canadian? I tried explaining that Canada's native/aboriginal people speak dozens of different languagues based on their tribe.....Mohawk, Cherokee, MicMaw.....
All that being said...whenever I picture "Pretty Kitty" knitting her sweaters in Russia I hear snow blowing all around the frosted windows....LOL. We all like to stereotype...even me!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
I am with Susi, never heard of this show but looked it up and wow I could not do it either. Besides the fact that I am a chicken I am a slow so I don't think I would fill my job obligation in just 3 months:Woo::Dizzy:

But hats off to Lisa looks like she loves this.
Sent her a message hopes she joins:Laugh:

tessblack

Banned
Have watched the show a few times and my best friend always says I look like her, I don't see it but she seems to. Those people are nuts that is for sure. I used to live in Toronto and was in some bad weather but could not even begin to imagine that. Now that I am in Texas if it is not 80 out I have a hoodie on! I have turned into such a pussy.

My husband drives truck and jokes about doing that but not a chance in hell I would agree to that. It is so dangerous and not worth the money. I guess for some people it would be an adventure, but now that we have kids (Tux & Twitch) not a chance. He loves the heat so I don't think he would do well either.

Back