Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Litter box help needed!

Nicole330

Lairian
My new sphynx kitten will poop in the litter box but will not pee in it. I even temporarily moved her to a kennel with just her bed and litter box in hopes she would have to start using it and she chose to pee on her bed instead. Still poops in it no problem though. Any suggestions?

Nicole330

Lairian
Yes. I work at a vet. Medically she’s fine. So now I don’t know what to do. Trying different litters today but if that was the issue wouldn’t she not poop in there as well? Ive never had a sphynx so wasn’t sure if it’s normally an issue for them :(

pussiette

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
It could be a urinary tract infection or FLUTD. Also you need to have at least two litter boxes.

Natalie Murphy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I do agree on trying two boxes. I am lucky my man uses the same box. We travel a bit to other people’s homes and I take a spare box along. I have noticed he uses one end to pee (always the side of entry) and drops his bombs at the back end. He has never ever changed this little ritual from day one. You may want to try a softer litter in the other one to pee in. Even place the used blanket around it so the urine smell is an aid. Try placing it at that box.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
I agree with the others, try 2 litterbox. One with a hood/lid and the other one an open box to see if that makes a difference. Good luck!

Back