Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Litter Box Problems - Please help Phil and I

Dman

Lairian
of my 3 sphynx, my largest started out using the LR, but as he grew, didnt want to associate with it, even though he still fit at that particular time.. but ive learned, he just did NOT like the confinement, as he would hang half out of it.. Anyway, i set up 2 boxes , one at each end of house, and he chooses where he wants to go.. as for urination, by goodness, he can go, and you can hear him, lol.. i used to use the worlds best litter, but even that he went so much, he occasionally got his foot a bit wet from running , he uses the corner for some reason when he goes most of the time, so i felt like i had to use a shovel to bet the big chuck of pee out of box, i then changed to a new litter (AltaGama), and i couldnt be happier, i have never seen a single clump of the urine, it seems to almost dissapate on contact. but, def. best i ever used for urine and smell.. Poop a bit different, as you cant really SCOOP it, more like grap the pieces as you go with the scoop. litter is like little gravel.. but well worth to me.. also too big to use in a LR (havnt tried, but im sure by looking). At any rate, its well worth you to try out in my opinion....
2017-09-05 23.03.22.jpg

Mal

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Dman Thanks!

After selling the LR we purchased the biggest widest tallest litter box I have ever seen in a pet store! It is perfect for the boys, Pete is full grown but Phil is only 8 months and is still growing hes quite tall and long which is what I think caused his peepee foot problem as the LR isnt that tall.

So far so good, no issues! I did end up going to buy one of those litter locker things so I can be a bit more environmental friendly instead of using like 4 bags a day for multiple scoopings throughout the day!

If anyone is interested I can post a pic of the new big box, I quite like it!

I do wonder if any one has suggestions on how to get Phil use to a litter box with a door on it? We tried putting it on there but he doesn't know what to do once we do that! Pete has it figured out as his very first traditional box also has a door on it.
For now we have left the door off but eventually would like to put it on..

Thanks!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Mal
Thank you for the update amd definitely would appreciate a pic of the tall box!
Many members would be interested too!

I use the jumbo catit covered box
I immediately take off the door flap of covered boxes
I personally leave it off so I don't have to deal with retraining amd possible litterbox issues

Mal

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Is yours a white top and a gray bottom? I think I have the same jumbo one as well!!!!!

Mal

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I am guessing we are twins! Just a different color!
I just love it, sooooooo big and spacious!

Attachments

• 20170910_193405.jpg
    20170910_193405.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 36
Back