Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Litter box!!!

Maggies mommy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I read that the litter box should be completely cleaned with new litter once a week, but Maggie pees on the rug if i only do it once a week. does anyone else have this problem???

georgehairlesson

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Sphynx are very picky about their litter boxes. George actually cries right after he has used it until we clean his box. I would advise clening it fully twice a week. Also, do you think it could possibly be the litter you are using???

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
This was talkes about before I will look for it but I remember that using more that one box has helped others in the past! Try that and see if it works.:Wink:

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Ok I apparently really screwed Meecho up when I tried the potty training thing. When she got her litter box back she would pee in it but would poop in the formal dining room. That prompted more training and spraying of some really stinky stuff that only managed to clear the room of people but no animals :LOL: So now we have extra tall baby gates everywhere that she can't jump over. Now we have another cat and her litter box is in the basement and I've always tried to keep Meecho out of the basement because I worry about drafts and how much trouble she could get in there. Well now she goes there all the time and I can't stop her...why you ask. Because she will only pee in her litter box and will only poop in Tiggers :Hysterical: What have I done?!?!?!

Back