Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Litter Locker

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Since I've become a member of the litter scoopers again the thing I HATE is where to put the dirty litter. It has become such a pain as well as stinky problem for me. I hate collecting all those plastic bags just so I can throw it away and to try to help the environment I will keep using the same bag over and over again until it is completely full. You can imagine the smell and nasty of this. This weekend I found my new best friend. It is the diaper genie for kitty litter. It is called the

Petmate LitterLocker Plus Cat Litter Disposal System

No more collecting plastic bags and ruining our environment. And best all no more stinky litter!

Attachments

• pPETS-3760029t400.jpg
    pPETS-3760029t400.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 26

CoolSphynx

Lairian
i agree kalliee-- i LOVE the litter locker. it's a must in my opinion for folks who live in condos or apartments were the main dumpster is far away. i get refills by buying packs of 3 or 5 on amazon.com for cheaper than I see in store.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hey, Kallie, that Litter Locker does sound like a convenient little device to add to our litter boxes...and it's eco-friendly, too! It'll probably comes in real handy when one's too tired to clean the litter box....but there's the Litter Locker to make it just a little easier!

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I was actually looking for some refills yesterday and amazon sells 10 refills for 59.90. sounds expensive but when you think about at petco a package of 6 is 64.99. Also each refill will last anywhere from 1-2 months depending on how many cats you have and how many times they go. To try to cut down on costs and the waste it will produce on the environment I wait for each pocket to be filled almost to the top before I will seal it to move on to the next. I also LOVE the scoop holder. I used to have a scooper that had a holder but it was flimsy and would get dirty and not hold that much. This scoop is awesome. I'm just so happy I got it. Next big purchase will be a self cleaning litter box and then to save on cost I'll just dump the waste in the litter locker and then reuse the holder. Mom would be so proud I finally learned to be money smart. Now I may have a little extra money to buy those new Tory Burch shoes :LOL:

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Learned my first lesson about the litter locker. Just because the refill could last a month to two months doesn't mean the locker itself can :Woo: And when you think its full...STOP or you will tear the bag and then have a mess on the inside that is well, words cannot describe but I think I finally understand what Elgato goes through when cleaning up after butterball :Laugh:

CoolSphynx

Lairian
Learned my first lesson about the litter locker. Just because the refill could last a month to two months doesn't mean the locker itself can :Woo: And when you think its full...STOP or you will tear the bag and then have a mess on the inside that is well, words cannot describe but I think I finally understand what Elgato goes through when cleaning up after butterball :Laugh:

Oh, Kalliee :Surprise: ... I too found this out the hard way on my first bag! ... I was overzealous and not paying attention. (As part of the cleanup, if you have any Nature's Miracle or enzymatic cleaner, I would suggest wiping the inside of the locker with that and maybe sprinkling some baking soda to prevent any waste smell from leeching into the plastic and giving your nose a surprise when you open it next month. ) We should get $$ for all this advertising we do. LOL. Two of my friends have bought one, after taking a deep wiff right next to a full litter locker without smelling anything.

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
This is so sad but I actually used Meecho's shampoo to wash it out :LOL: I figured if it gets through the cheeto smell of her it could get through anything :Laugh: So now I have a litter locker that smells like coconut and vanilla with an after taste of kitty poo :LOL:

CoolSphynx

Lairian
This is so sad but I actually used Meecho's shampoo to wash it out :LOL: I figured if it gets through the cheeto smell of her it could get through anything :Laugh: So now I have a litter locker that smells like coconut and vanilla with an after taste of kitty poo :LOL:

Yummy! :LOL: You'll have to report what happens the next time you change out a bag. I wonder how those scents will meld...

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
What A mess,:Badly2:I had something kind of like that happen the other day, I went upstairs to change both the litter boxes, bumped both of them into A large garbage bag cleaned the boxes refilled them, and when I got out side with the bad of old litter I noticed the bag had A hole in it:Surprise::Cry: well when I went over the baby gate we have by the room the bag ripped and I had A trail of litter from upstairs all the way out side to the garbage! What A darn mess!

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
:Surprise: Oh my, if that happened to me I would probably end up trying to potty train Meecho again just to avoid having that happen a second time. :Laugh:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
:Surprise: Oh my, if that happened to me I would probably end up trying to potty train Meecho again just to avoid having that happen a second time. :Laugh:

I had thought about that but after potty training 2 kids and happy to have that over with long ago, I don't think I have the patience to do this with them, and the potty thing you have to put on the toilet would drive me crazy!

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I still couldn't deal with them at the bottom... plus the dogs are such messy drinkers they drink from the toilet to prevent ruining the wood floors. I couldn't bare to think that they would be drinking with a possible sunken candy bar in there :Badly::Badly2::Sick:

lovinsphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I still couldn't deal with them at the bottom... plus the dogs are such messy drinkers they drink from the toilet to prevent ruining the wood floors. I couldn't bare to think that they would be drinking with a possible sunken candy bar in there :Badly::Badly2::Sick:

haha i couldn't stop laughing but i understand where you are coming from i would feel the same way :LOL:

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I had one of these and ended up getting rid of it. It was expensive, and for me did not take care of the kitty poo smell. It was more effort than it was worth. I am back to grocery baggies, and that works just fine for me :) I just keep my bags from groceries, and every time I scoop, i just throw the bag away in the garbage outside...maybe not so green friendly :( But no smell, and it's a LOT cheaper.

Back