Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Litter Locker?

Kansascity

Lairian
Please tell me I didn’t waste more money!!!:Sweat: Anyhow even if I did waste money if you have one or have tried one Please tell me about your experience. Do you love it? or hate it? . T.I.A

Monchchichi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Unfortunately I can't help you out on the Litter Locker as I don't have one. However what I use is a Diaper Genie Elite and it works fantastic. I find the refills are cheapest at Costco. Not quite sure the cost on the refills for the Litter Locker. The only downfall would be the "poo sausage" as I call it. You'll learn all about it when you change the bag :LOL:

rogerswabbit

Lairian
I use a litter locker and LOVE IT!

We have three cats and it took some time to develop a method that would keep the cat box odor to a minimum. They work fantastic and I don't find them to be super expensive personally. I was so happy with it that I bough a second one to use on the other side of the house (we have two cat boxes) .

We just finished moving and had to spend 3 weeks in a 30 ft travel trailer with 4 adults and 3 cats. You couldn't even tell we had pets with us! That's how well it worked. I use a multicat formula scoopable litter and love the arm and hammer sprinkle to help with super stinky poops. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I have!

Kansascity

Lairian

We have three cats and it took some time to develop a method that would keep the cat box odor to a minimum. They work fantastic and I don't find them to be super expensive personally. I was so happy with it that I bough a second one to use on the other side of the house (we have two cat boxes) .

We just finished moving and had to spend 3 weeks in a 30 ft travel trailer with 4 adults and 3 cats. You couldn't even tell we had pets with us! That's how well it worked. I use a multicat formula scoopable litter and love the arm and hammer sprinkle to help with super stinky poops. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I have!

Awesome bought it from Diapers.com for #$13.00 ($2.75 off e coupon it’ll be here in the morning) You know I have a diaper geni for the human that isnt in use I could have used that DUHHHH :Dizzy: (BTW Diapers/soap/Wag has been one of my saviors in life since going country :))

Monchchichi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian

How long does a refill last for the litter locker with 3 cats? Im trying to determine if it makes more sense for me to buy one of those. The website says one refill will last 2 months with 1 cat if you use it once a day...I clean the box out several times a day with two cats.:Surprise:

Monchchichi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Awesome bought it from Diapers.com for #$13.00 ($2.75 off e coupon it’ll be here in the morning) You know I have a diaper geni for the human that isnt in use I could have used that DUHHHH :Dizzy: (BTW Diapers/soap/Wag has been one of my saviors in life since going country :))

The diaper genie only works if its the diaper genie 2 Elite. The regular diaper genie you have to push the "diapers" down with your hand to get it through the opening hole, I wouldnt want to do that with poop and pee clumps lol. The diaper genie elite has a little pedal that opens the top lid and you just drop it in.

rogerswabbit

Lairian
How long does a refill last for the litter locker with 3 cats? Im trying to determine if it makes more sense for me to buy one of those. The website says one refill will last 2 months with 1 cat if you use it once a day...I clean the box out several times a day with two cats.:Surprise:

I have two cat boxes and two litter lockers. They are both used fairly regular by all three cats. I have been in my house about a month now and I haven't had to change either of them out yet. I usually dump a bag of cat poo/pee once to twice a week. I think they hold up pretty well actually. I'm fairly new to it myself so as time goes on I can give a better idea of how cost effective it will be.

I can honestly say though..it's priceless for our family! I couldn't handle the cat odors anymore and had to find a solution. We had been living in a small apartment and then were going to an even smaller travel trailer for 3 to 4 weeks. Since being in our house which is much larger I still find it has added benefits worth keeping.

Kansascity

Lairian
I just got the litter locker via fed ex. Very simple to use, so now we will see how long the bag really lasts with 2 :Wink: although it is more like 1 1/2 cats since Majestic is still so small. I also like the fact that I do not have to run around looking for grocery bags anymore, plus only have a few generally since I use re usable grocery bags.

Monchchichi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Which style Litter Lockers do you guys have? From what I've seen there is two. One you pull out a handle and the other is like a turn wheel.

sammisue

Lairian
I have one litter locker (the one you pull out) for two litter boxes/cats and one refill has lasted me almost 2 months now, I absolutely love it. I scoop out my litter boxes 3 times a day and it is holding up wonderfully. I originally got it because one litter box is in my room for the little one when I need to put him up and I hated my room being stunk up by his poo so I got this so I wouldn't have to run back and forth to the dumpster and it works GREAT at trapping odors!
I give it a :ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp:

Monchchichi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
So I did it, after all the talk about the Litter Locker I went out last night and bought one from Walmart. Until now I've been using the Diaper Genie Elite. I must say the Litter Locker is a lot cleaner to use. As the scoop is made for it and the refills don't sit on top allowing litter to catch on the sides of the bags like the Diaper Genie. A bonus is you can use the Diaper Genie Elite refills for the Litter Locker, their the same size as the Litter Locker refills and you can buy a 3 pack cheapest at Costco. :BigSmile: Just thought I'd let ya's know!!

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I used to use a litter locker, the kind with a pull out handle, and it was great! Loved it!

Now I use a flushable pine clumping litter though so I dont need a litter locker and I sold it. I being able to scoop the litter into the toilet and flush it away.

Back