Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Litter Robot Fail

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I honestly am thinking of sending it back. Their poop got stuck in the door that lets it go in the bottom, so when it rotated back it smeared it all around the outside of the globe. Now the door is open about 2 inches with a big turd stuck in it. GROSS! It would been easier to scoop at this point.

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
It wasn't even the runs a normal poop! It is a fully formed turd stuck in it LOL Now I am going to take it apart and scrub it up and try again. I have a feeling I know what happened maybe. Maybe not the litter robots fault. We have had high winds today and I am wondering if the power went out mid rotate and the poop just was sitting there and when it turned back on it rotated back up without droppping it? Other than that I have no idea how it got stuck in there.

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Just an FYI if you don't get every single drop of litter out of it before you clean it with soap and water. It clumps up underneath the edge to the bubble window and you can't get it out.

Bella07

Banned
Yikes, that stinks :ThumbsDown: Hopefully once it's cleaned out, the robot will work better. At least your kitties are using it now though!

susi794

Staff member
It sounds to me like you don't have enough litter in there--have you been refilling it? If the litter isn't deep enough, they sometimes stick, but mine has been working great!
Hope the cleaning resolves the issue.

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I let the cats out of the cage with a regular box and the litter robot. They all used the regular box, so when I removed it Ben peed on the floor in front of the litter robot, so back to the cage they went. The vet told me it could take up to 2 weeks for them to "get it". If I continue to have these problems I will send it back because it was too expensive to have them not use it unless forced.

Jocy24

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
It wasn't even the runs a normal poop! It is a fully formed turd stuck in it LOL Now I am going to take it apart and scrub it up and try again. I have a feeling I know what happened maybe. Maybe not the litter robots fault. We have had high winds today and I am wondering if the power went out mid rotate and the poop just was sitting there and when it turned back on it rotated back up without droppping it? Other than that I have no idea how it got stuck in there.

Your cat may have gotten into it while it rotated. Harry loves his litter robot and likes to get in when it turns. It will stop moving but if he does his business again then it gets stuck on the side or the grill.

Nair Bare

Lairian
It sounds to me like you don't have enough litter in there--have you been refilling it? If the litter isn't deep enough, they sometimes stick, but mine has been working great!
Hope the cleaning resolves the issue.

So, I am ordering my Litter Robot in the next day or two. However, Susi, do the directions give you an amount of litter to keep in the unit? I have always been guilty of giving my cats giant litter boxes with TONS of litter in them. I'm thnking I may be putting far too much litter in this unit unless there are markings or measurements showing how much to use.

Do the directions suggest something like.......place 12 cups of litter inside, or fill up to this mark inside the drum?

susi794

Staff member
Yes, and it tells you about a gallon and a half of litter also.

Mine smeared on the drum tonight--but it was because the waste drawer was too full--with eight cats I have to empty it daily--and I went away today and didn't get home until way late, so the drawer was too full. But it took me only about two minutes to clean it. Still easier than scooping.

Back