Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

LITTER-ROBOT or CAT GENIE????

tulababy2010

Lairian
OK... I HAVE 3 CATS AND 3 LITTER BOXES.. SO... SAYING THAT I HAVE BEEN REALLY WANTING TO GET A CAT GENIE! THEN READING SOME OF THE THREADS I CAME ACROSS SOMEONE WHO HAD GOTTEN A LITTER-ROBOT! NOW I'M CONFUSED AND DON'T KNOW WHAT ONE THE GO WITH!! CAN ANYONE HELP ME MAKE UP MY MIND?

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I vote for litter bot. The idea of it scoopin the box after the kitty uses sounds so nice to me! Never heard of cat genie.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
I would say the litter robot, we don't have one yet but after hearing Brooke rave about it, that is going to be out next purchase.

hfwebb

Lairian
I have a cat genie that I no longer use. The reels of plastic bags are expensive and as much as my two kitties use the box I was having to change it frequently. It wasn't really very convenient. I now use then method below with better results.

I put a kitchen bag in a large empty litter tub with lid. I clean the litter daily and put in the grocery bags then tie and put in tub and close the lid. On garbage day I take out the kitchen bag.

I have not tried the litter robot.

Brooke

Banned
I love, love, love my litter-robot!! No complaints ...unless I forget to empty the drawer, because there's no smell it's easy to forget after a few days with 4 cats...you get the picture - but that's my fault, not the robot's! :LOL:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Sounds like Cat-genie is alot like the diaper genie which with having 3 kids, I found totally useless and I had to change the bags in it more than the diapers I changed. lol

I'm still voting for the Litter Robot and have plans of my own to get one for Snuffie.

Brooke

Banned
Sounds like Cat-genie is alot like the diaper genie which with having 3 kids, I found totally useless and I had to change the bags in it more than the diapers I changed. lol

I'm still voting for the Litter Robot and have plans of my own to get one for Snuffie.

The Cat Genie is the automatic litter box that hooks directly to your water line and basically flushes the waste, washes and dries the litter. No scooping, no buying litter...it sounds amazing. I might have bought one of those if my bathroom was big enough, but it wasn't so I got the awesome Litter-Robot instead. Someone reviewed the Cat Genie on this forum a long time ago, if you do a forum search, I know some of our members have one!

tulababy2010

Lairian
ok... this helps alot... i'm voting litter bot and i'm excited to save up and get one!!! what litter do you use with it brooke?

Brooke

Banned
ok... this helps alot... i'm voting litter bot and i'm excited to save up and get one!!! what litter do you use with it brooke?

I use Dr. Elsey's Precious Cat (because it's 99% dust free and unscented) but you can use any clumping litter you like!

It does not work with Feline Pine, though, the pellets are too big.

Back