Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Litter Robot

admin

Administrator
Staff member
So litter robot has reached out to me and offered a free LR in return for some LR content on my instagram page with my own cats being the stars of the pics (my IG is a large account over 140,000 followers.) Gonna give it a go and see if my cats hopefully like it, any input or suggestions I should know about once they send it to me?

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Very cool! We loved ours...except we had a problem when Myshka decided jumping on it was fun and it would work. I wasn’t spending another couple hundred for a wooden box to cover it lol. I definitely would make sure you get the ramp if they don’t include one, and be sure your litter is a good clumping one. If either of yours are a bit shy to change/noise, I would go the first week with it unplugged so your duo gets used to it. Ours took to it immediately. Enjoy!

Jeanhill72

Lairian
I am so interested in getting one. Please keep us updated on how it goes and I will watch this feed for information too :)

CamedSoup

Lairian
Our kittens took right away to the LR and we love it! I got a "used" one from the site, sometimes it does some weird stuff but I feel like that's just what technology does? I've had it for 5 months now, and LOVE not having to scoop the box!

KoopCats

Lairian
We just got ours 2 weeks ago! My fairly skittish cat took to it right away... and actually LOVES it. When he uses it, he sits staring at it for the 12 or so minutes until it cycles so he can stick his head in and watch lol. So far all I have to say are great things - really does seem to use less litter, and I don't have to empty the compartment as much as I thought I would.

I will say, we spent a little extra to get the "smart" one/the one that connects to the app.... and it doesn't connect with the app at all. They've had to send a new base because they thought the base was the issue, and the new base didn't connect either. So now I paid extra money for something that doesn't work - BUT, their customer service has been amazing, so I 100% would still recommend. Very prompt responses and genuinely invested in helping me out. Other than connecting to the app, everything else works beautifully. We'd never go back!