Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Litter to Breeze system

SphynxCatCarl

Lairian
Hi guys! My brother has 2 DSH that are about 3 years old and he recently transitioned from traditional litter box to the tidy cats breeze system. My 12 week old sphynx was there visiting and he used the breeze box with no problem, did #1 and #2 in it. So, being annoyed with litter (tidy cats, which the breeder has used as well), I went and bought the new breeze system. I’m following the instructions, put the new box near the old box and put a clump of dirty litter in the new box. Periodically put him in the new box. He just will not go in the new box. It’s only been about 1 full but I’m wondering if anyone else has gone through this transition or anything like it or just anyone with any suggestions. Thank you so much :)

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@SphynxCatCarl what you could try is to "transfer" the pee to the new litter. So when he pees in his old litterbox, you take it out and put in the new litterbox. This way the new litter will have his smell.

You can also try what happens if you take away the old litterbox. Only try this when you're home and can watch him. You don't want him start peeing or pooping outside a litterbox.

Good luck!

Jeanhill72

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
You could try putting the old litter in the Breeze box and just leave it off. Put it where the current box is and move the current box out of the house. Once he uses it a few times on his own, change out the litter to the Breeze litter. Then once he uses that a few times, turn it on and see how he does. Just as @Toa and Ross mentioned, I would do this while I was home to keep an eye on him and take him to the new box often.

CathyO

Lairian
Oooh, I've heard a lot about the Breeze system and how one can get a cheap hack by using horse pine pellets (although the rough pellets aren't cat favorites). Let us know how you like it once your cat has settled in. I know my sphynx kept yelling at me when I did a complete switch from clay to swheat scoop but she eventually used it (coz she has no other choice lol)