Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Litterbox madness (dig dig dig)

treefoil

Lairian
Ew... Since tilda got better she and oskar made it their hobby to dig endlessly in the litter box.
No problem with oskars poo, but since tilda got so much medicine it takes a while til her poopoo gets back to normal. Its not diarreah but it gets their feet dirty when its still fresh and they step insinde. They are wildly digging after doing the business. for like two minutes its scratch-scratch, dig-dig, its nearly impossible to not have poo on their feet. Not nice for us, since we often realise it way to late :-(

I tried 2 different kitty litter. A white one thats not making peepee-bombs and a dark one thats making peepee-bombs. I prefer the white one. Its not so heavy and not making oskar too dirty. I also experimented with the litter height so theres enough to hide the pipikaka.

Any suggestions?
I know many cats who are not trying to find gold in the litter box, some arent even digging at all. Whats wrong with my two moles?
image.jpg

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
I am sure it is annoying, but you are so lucky to have that problem compared to those we hear who do not use the box. Not sure how much you are putting in the box, but maybe less is more in this case. Also do you have a mat under the box for when they step out? We put a bath mat under ours a real deep pile one to catch the litter and hopefully any poop foot! I like we can toss it into the washer.

patti

assibassi

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
LOL both my Sphynxs digg all the way to China !! But with their solid poo's they do not get it on them.
My Cornie does not dig at all. He is the king of the castle and I think, that is why he does not dig so much and lets the others .... cover his stuff up! I do have really good clumping non dusting litter . I always wanted to try the "worlds best litter" its like kernels. I thought of adding a additional box with that one in it and see who uses it and who isnt.

curlysue

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Ha ha i see
You replies helped very much, now i know its nothing im doing wrong with the litterbox but just my cats ancient mole-gen.
;-)

Yep!!! That is what makes this site so great is that your not the only one going through something with you Nakeds. We all learn from it together!!!

Embracing-Joyx4

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Ha ha i see
You replies helped very much, now i know its nothing im doing wrong with the litterbox but just my cats ancient mole-gen.
;-)
I have a few diggers, I think they own a excavating business on
The side ;) that is the reason I moved the litter box that was in my bedroom. At night they really went to town. I think they were in cahoots because they would each go on right after the other.

Christina

Kyla L

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Luckily Nigel isn't a digger. But... When he squats to pee he puts his butt right on top of the litter.... And gets it all over his manly bits.... And I have to wipe him afterwards... And he complains. Lol

He also likes to step it in because he has to turn around and smell it before he covers it. I have a very fluffy bath mat in front of his box to catch any potty foot.

Hopefully they grow out of it soon so you don't have to worry about it getting everywhere! I feel for you, we have a "catch the cat" game we play before he gets onto the carpet. It takes a lot of work to pay attention to where he is at. I couldn't imagine it with two.

redmonsMUM88

Lairian
Kyla L,

lol mine does the same poos hops out of the box looks at like where did that come from slowly inches his face towards it watching it like its gonna get up and run out of the box finally gets close inhales gets this gross look on his face and runs off[/quote]

Back