Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Little help please

Zuzinja

Lairian
Hi everyone, just a quick question on pictures bellow my baby has some sort of blue bruise. It moves with the skin I believe it's a vein. Its kind of always there but at same time it's not weirdly enough it disappears and appears. Not sure if it's more visible day time hence I notice it more in day light when its brighter.... Anyone has an idea?
She's 2.5 years old and not sterilised.

Thank you in advance.
IMG_20210910_163355.jpg
IMG_20210910_163340.jpg
IMG_20210910_163324_1.jpg
IMG_20210910_163324.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210910_163242.jpg
    IMG_20210910_163242.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 12

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Never seen anything like that. Hope others can chime in. To be sure I would go to the vet if it doesn't go away after a few days

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Worth a vet check just to rule out any issues related to it being un-spayed as well. Should I spay or neuter my sphynx cat? please update us. Googling always brings up the worst so it can be scary, but bruising that does not disappear can be a sign of possible breast cancer and that is why I mention best to have it checked out.

Last edited:

Sheldon13

Staff member
Sounds more like a hernia since you say it comes and goes. Either way, definitely need a vet visit. Keep us updated please!

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Zuzinja

Lairian
Thank you everyone. We've recently been to vet and had blood tests done for any kind of problems with health. Came back all good, I will keep and eye on its because it seems like its a bruise. If it doesn't go away I will be trying to make an appointment with her doctor. At the moment they don't have anything untill October only emergency I will update on what's happening.

Zuzinja

Lairian
*forgot to mention, last week she was playing with suitcase, and it fell on her in middle of the night, and then I saw this... I was not aware of it untill days later after the post. Mum to told me. But just to be on safe side I'm still gonna investigate.

pussiette

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Thank you everyone. We've recently been to vet and had blood tests done for any kind of problems with health. Came back all good, I will keep and eye on its because it seems like its a bruise. If it doesn't go away I will be trying to make an appointment with her doctor. At the moment they don't have anything untill October only emergency I will update on what's happening.
Unfortunately blood test won’t show anything up it needs to be examined directly or biopsied and ultrasounded

Zuzinja

Lairian
It's kind of similar. I'm going vet's tomorrow with another baby, I will show the pictures to the doctor. Let's see... If hell ask her to be booked in then I'll get an emergency appointment.
It happened before and it went away... But I'm getting worried also, cause not sure if it's a bruise or it just something weird. I will update once I know more.
Thank you everyone.

Sheldon13

Staff member
If it is coming and going it is not a bruise. I’m curious what he will say. Can you take kitty with you? It would be best if the vet can manipulate the area.

Zuzinja

Lairian
Just been to vets, doctor said it looks like a bruise and to keep and eye on it for another week. If it's still there to make an appointment for her and she's going to do some blood work.

Beckinboots

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Just been to vets, doctor said it looks like a bruise and to keep and eye on it for another week. If it's still there to make an appointment for her and she's going to do some blood work.
Glad to hear the vet doesn't think it's anything to worry about. Looking forward to a positive update next week.

Sheldon13

Staff member

Did they say why a bruise would be coming and going like that? That is not typical bruise behavior.

Zuzinja

Lairian
Hi everyone. Just wanted to give quick update. Whilst waiting for vets app, and on arrival the blue bruise is gone. Vet checked her and said as she had thought in past it was a bruise. If it appears again to bring her in whilst it's still there. So far everything seems great and nothing is wrong. Thank you everyone for your help and support ❤️❤️❤️

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Zuzinja , thank you for keeping us updated! all paws are family! soo glad the bruise is gone and all seems great! hugs n head smooches , positive vibes continue

Back