Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Little Phoebe

WithLVoe

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
My little Phoebe passed away last Wednesday unexpectedly. Saturday night she started showing symptoms of a cold.. brought her in to the vet first thing monday got medication and things just went downhill. She passed away in my arms on the way to the hospital Wednesday evening. She had blood work done (Monday) and vet told us she had an upper respiratory infection. she was started on medication right away. after she passed we got the other results we were waiting for and it showed that she had FHV.

Now 2/3 of my other kitties are starting to show symptoms so they were started on antibiotics right away. Please keep them in your prayers.
One was swabbed and also has FHV. now my question is we have NO idea where this came from.

they have all lived together their whole lives... dont go outside, are not exposed to other cats. have all had blood work done, (2 have had surgeries in the last 4/5 yrs) ... full work ups.. and no one was FHV positive??

so I am unsure where it came from or who the original carrier was.............. it has all just been super overwhelming. I'm just praying the others will be okay.

I know you guys understand how difficult this is. :( my poor Phoebe. and now her best friend keeps looking for her which is heartbreaking. We had her separated from the bunch when she was sick, and little jasmine always went to the bathroom door and would meow under the door to her... now shes gone, she keeps going into the bathroom looking for her and meows... everything happened so quickly.. i honestly havent even processed everything fully.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
My hearts breaks for you and Jasmine. So sorry for the loss of your little Phoebe. Sending lots of positive vibes to the others cats. I have no experience with FHV so hope others can share their experience.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@WithLVoe oh sweetie I am so so sorry for your heartache of your sweet little Phoebe getting her angel wings.... sending a lair full of prayers and positive thoughts for your other babies....
here for you (((((((((((( squeeze hugs)))))))))

“Replied the glorious cat
For I will whisper into their hearts
That I am always with them
I just am....forever and ever and ever.”
- from poem for cats
IMG_1679.JPG

Sheldon13

Staff member
Sorry if this comes across poorly, but do you still have Phoebe’s body? I think it helps the other animals to let them see and smell their friend who had passed on. I don’t think they understand death the way we do but in my experience it has always made their grieving easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Robin Matsumoto

Lairian
My little Phoebe passed away last Wednesday unexpectedly. Saturday night she started showing symptoms of a cold.. brought her in to the vet first thing monday got medication and things just went downhill. She passed away in my arms on the way to the hospital Wednesday evening. She had blood work done (Monday) and vet told us she had an upper respiratory infection. she was started on medication right away. after she passed we got the other results we were waiting for and it showed that she had FHV.

Now 2/3 of my other kitties are starting to show symptoms so they were started on antibiotics right away. Please keep them in your prayers.
One was swabbed and also has FHV. now my question is we have NO idea where this came from.

they have all lived together their whole lives... dont go outside, are not exposed to other cats. have all had blood work done, (2 have had surgeries in the last 4/5 yrs) ... full work ups.. and no one was FHV positive??

so I am unsure where it came from or who the original carrier was.............. it has all just been super overwhelming. I'm just praying the others will be okay.

I know you guys understand how difficult this is. :( my poor Phoebe. and now her best friend keeps looking for her which is heartbreaking. We had her separated from the bunch when she was sick, and little jasmine always went to the bathroom door and would meow under the door to her... now shes gone, she keeps going into the bathroom looking for her and meows... everything happened so quickly.. i honestly havent even processed everything fully.
I’m so sorry for your loss

Annejo12

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
It must be so hard that you can't explain to Jasmine what has happened to Phoebe. I guess all you can do is cuddle each other. My deepest sympathy to you.

Lizanne

Lairian

Hello,
How's your other babies doing? Any more insight as to where this came from? I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet baby Phoebe. Hugs and kisses to you!

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Jinxy

Lairian
The same thing happened to us in July. I am so sorry for your loss. I hope your other babies are ok. Sending hugs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeanhill72

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I am so sorry for your loss! I am sending hugs and prayers that your other babies will all be alright. Please keep up updated.

Back