Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Little Raisin

DeeNicole

Lairian
I can’t believe I am making this thread.

I came home for lunch today around 1:30 to find Raisin dead in my bed. I am in complete shock and don’t know what to do with myself. He had been fighting a cold but had gotten better, and then I noticed yesterday he was seemingly out of breath so I scheduled a vet appointment for tonight but he didn’t make it.

I took his body in and the vet examined him, saying that it was congenital heart failure most likely.

I am absolutely heartbroken. This was so unexpected. I miss him.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
I can’t believe I am making this thread.

I came home for lunch today around 1:30 to find Raisin dead in my bed. I am in complete shock and don’t know what to do with myself. He had been fighting a cold but had gotten better, and then I noticed yesterday he was seemingly out of breath so I scheduled a vet appointment for tonight but he didn’t make it.

I took his body in and the vet examined him, saying that it was congenital heart failure most likely.

I am absolutely heartbroken. This was so unexpected. I miss him.

I am so sorry Raisin got his wings. I can’t imagine the shock you are in. Please know he will always be in your heart and know we are here for you. Fly high sweet baby.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@DeeNicole oh sweetie I am so so sorry to learn Raisin got his angel wings :(
My heart breaks for you and Scully. I am teary eyed reading this devasting news .
I wish the great big hug I am sending you could give a sliver of comfort.
Please please know we are here for you .

So so very sorry for the sudden loss of your sweet baby Raisin
(((((((((((Squeeze hugs)))))))

"Replied the glorious cat
For I will whisper into their hearts
That I am always with them
I just am....forever and ever and ever. "
-from poem for cats

image.jpeg

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh my gosh! I am soooo sorry, I can’t begin to imagine how you must be feeling. Sending lots and lots of love, hugs and ice cream your way. All he knew was your love his short time home with you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@DeeNicole what a shock! Little Raisin all of a sudden taken away. I'm so sorry for the loss of Raisin. It's heartbreaking to lose your little one, even more when it's so unexpected.

Big hugs. Now we're here for you.

Cinafina

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@DeeNicole Wow, I'm so sorry to hear this... it must have been such a shock! I can't even begin to imagine. Give Scully extra cuddles and remember we're all here to share your grief.

susi794

Staff member
So sorry, Honey. We all get it. I dont mean to sound crass, but if the vet says it was congenital heart failure, does your breeder offer a guarantee covering congenital issues?

susi794

Staff member
Perhaps breeder will give you another kit. I know it doesn't bring back Raisin but it might help to plug the hole he left in your heart.

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm so sorry for your loss! It's heartbreaking losing them. Remember your little Raisin with love and treasure the memories you made together.

DeeNicole

Lairian
So sorry, Honey. We all get it. I dont mean to sound crass, but if the vet says it was congenital heart failure, does your breeder offer a guarantee covering congenital issues?
Perhaps breeder will give you another kit. I know it doesn't bring back Raisin but it might help to plug the hole he left in your heart.

They offered but I said no. They’re just giving me a refund instead.

It feels too soon to get another cat or even think about that right now, for me. Im going to try and adopt/rescue another Sphynx in a few months maybe.

DeeNicole

Lairian
And thank you, everyone for the kindness. I still am completely shocked. I still think I’m going to feel him jump on me in bed or that I’m going to hear him climbing on his favorite chair.

This picture was taken barely a day before he passed

Attachments

• F4AA0E47-A31E-41FA-9EBB-0A7F477F8C9C.jpeg
    F4AA0E47-A31E-41FA-9EBB-0A7F477F8C9C.jpeg
    117.4 KB · Views: 55

Toa and Ross

Staff member
It's unbelievable looking at that pic with Raisin so handsome and full life and knowing he passed away the other day. Big hugs

Annejo12

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh how awful, I hope you can find some comfort in your memories. I am so sad for you. Take care of yourself while you grieve.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@DeeNicole , continued hugs n thoughts your way ..
Sadly , I get it ... years ago - my young Yoda girl avatsr pic - passed away suddenly - heart related thrombosis embolism .
I will never ever get over it .. In her honor and memory I chose to adopt.

I pray you find a sliver of comfort with all our hugs and thoughts your way
Please give Scully an extra head smooch from me.
I am sure my Yoda girl has found little Rasin at the bridge and they are flying pain free and whole sharing stories of the love they knew in this world .

((((((Comforting hugs))))))

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Very sorry for your loss. Can't imagine how shocking it must be from one day to the next. Of course it's impossible to think of getting a new kitty right away but I truly believe you'll know whenever the time is right. Sending hugs and well wishes your way.

DeeNicole

Lairian
Very sorry for your loss. Can't imagine how shocking it must be from one day to the next. Of course it's impossible to think of getting a new kitty right away but I truly believe you'll know whenever the time is right. Sending hugs and well wishes your way.
Thank you...I do want another little one in a couple of months maybe. I already was used to the energy and noise Raisin brought to my home; I think even my older girl, Scully, misses him too. She’s been randomly calling out as if she’s looking for him.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@DeeNicole Awh((((hugs ))) to you and head smooches to Scully .
I am sure she misses little Raisin too
Extra cuddles to Scully from me ..
You will know when the time is right . I truly believe they send us the ome to love like they knew in this world .
To be honest , I felt a little guilty adopting soon after my Toda passed . But it was her way I supposed to help helps my heart and honor her . There is no time frame to share love .
Take time to grieve , time to process it all amd know we are here for you and Scully
((Hugs)))

Lynn W

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@DeeNicole, I'm so very sorry to hear your sad news of baby Raisin passing away so suddenly. I'm heartbroken for you. What a shock it must have been. Your little one knew he was loved and that you were a wonderful mom to him. :cry:

Yumi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
:( I'm so sorry.
It truly breaks my heart to read.
I wish you a lot of strength and many hugs.
We're here for you!

Back