Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Little red bumps on skin / bites legs

Megjepson

Lairian
Hi all again,

I’ve noticed a few little red bumps all over teebees body. Especially on her back / neck (added pics)

She had a bath last Friday and that cleaned her oil up but unsure if this is something I should worry about or just leave her be / am I worrying for no reason, haha!)

Any and all suggestions welcome, she always bites her little legs (can see the redness) on the front and back leg.

Currently washing her bedding again but she also likes to sleep on a crochet / wooden blanket my mum made. So don’t know if it’s the acrylic in that?

She’s on the same litter and food and the treats are the same as she was on with her previous owners.

Just hope she’s not uncomfortable!

Thanks for any help!

Meg

9fbe70819a3a519cd5c3234d7260fd14.jpg

3dc070970f7aa412e4985d95fcf59afa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like an allergy….could be so many things so try to think if anything is new/different…detergent, litter, food, shampoo, also many are irritated by fabric softener.

Megjepson

Lairian
Looks like an allergy….could be so many things so try to think if anything is new/different…detergent, litter, food, shampoo, also many are irritated by fabric softener.

She only moved to our house around a week ago so I think everything will be a change!

Food is same and litter but shampoo could be an issue… detergent also but she likes to sleep in my wardrobe amongst all my clothes! Haha

Toa and Ross

Staff member
My boys always have red bumps after I bathed them. No matter what shampoo or oil I use. They go away after a few. I would see if the rash goes away. If it get worse or she gets itchy I would go to a vet.

Megjepson

Lairian
My boys always have red bumps after I bathed them. No matter what shampoo or oil I use. They go away after a few. I would see if the rash goes away. If it get worse or she gets itchy I would go to a vet.

She bites her legs a little but unsure what the ‘itching’ would look like. She’s normally pretty fine but do notice her scratching her ears and neck but rarely her back which is where I’m noticing a few more!

Unsure how to change detergent or a good one to swap to!

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Can you ask the what detergent and shampoo was used from the person you got her from? That might help you narrow things down a bit.

Back