Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Lonely Home

Angelus

Lairian
Hello all,
My name is Angel and I am a stay at home girlfriend. I know that doesn't sound the best but I am not working due to some medical issues, my significant other works in the home healthcare business so I am home alone a lot. I would love to find a Sphynx to brighten up my day and to just have something around to help take care of.

I grew up in a house full of animals from dogs to snakes, even a full sized pig for a bit! I have personally even helped an orphaned kitten survive (she was roughly 3 days old when I got her, and the family I took care of her for still has her). I have taken care of rescues, whether they needed a lot of help or ones that didn't, so I have a lot of knowledge with pets with high maintenance.

I am hoping I can find some hairless babies (I am not super picky on age) to brighten up my lonely days.

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Are you looking to adopt or buy from a breeder? Are you looking for kittens only or are adults an option too?

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Angelus

Lairian
Are you looking to adopt or buy from a breeder? Are you looking for kittens only or are adults an option too?

For now I think I am looking to adopt. I have have always felt bad about buying a pet when there is one in need of a home.
Age isn't a huge thing to me, I mean I would like to have them for a while but I don't mind if they are older. I have been the person to get an animal for the last week of its life and it was devastating, I took is very hard. I was the person who cried when my beta fish died and he lived double his life expectancy.

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
It sounds like you are a bleeding heart. I can relate. Either way, whether adoption or buying just know it can take a little time. If you are wanting to adopt my best advice is to be vigilant. Check here every day for adoption postings. I would say we have 3-5 each month. More likely a match if you are willing to drive some. But also keep an eye out at your local shelters. I adopted my Sphynx from a local shelter in 2014 when she was 6 years old. They are out there and the right one will find you.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Welcome to sphynxlair. Hope you find a sphynx to love soon. Good luck in your search.

Oh and hope your medical situation will get better for you

CathyO

Lairian
@Angelus welcome aboard! I can vouch for having a feline friend as companion. Mine helped me during my relocation. Get 2 if u anticipate your life situation to change sometime in the future as Sphynxes typically need company :)

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello @Angelus and welcome to Sphynxlair! So glad you found us! Please enjoy the community! :)