Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Looking for a good home for 5 year old male Sphynx

SphynxHenry

Lairian
Looking to find a loving home for our 5 year old Sphynx. Unfortunately he has been showing some stress signs of urinatiing on things in the house I.e baby carrier, baby's couch, inside empty laundry basket. This has happened over the past few weeks. He was evaluated at vet and vet believes it is behavioral, probably due to stress. Has had a hard time adjusting since we brought our son home almost 2 years ago but has never soiled anything before. Unfortunately we have a very busy schedule now and can't give him the attention he needs. He is very loving and affectionate. Wants to be with you all the time. Loves to play. Gets along well with other male cat and good with children. He is declawed. He does have cat herpes which, when flares up, causes him to be very sneezy. He also has looser stools often and has a probiotic mixed in his wet food dinner to help. He eats limited ingredient blue buffalo and natural balance right now. We are very sad to have to possibly rehome him but we feel he might be happier in a place that is lower stress and plenty of attention and play. We are located in Palm Beach County. No fee.

Attachments

• 95B0CDF8-3661-42C0-A9BE-D54B4604A489.jpeg
    95B0CDF8-3661-42C0-A9BE-D54B4604A489.jpeg
    98.7 KB · Views: 289
Last edited by a moderator:

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@SphynxHenry I"m sorry to hear you're having this issue. I'm in Palm Beach County and could make room for a 3rd sphynx. I already have 2 females ages 7 & 8 that he would need to get along with but since they're all about the same age I think he would fit right in. It's just me and the cats in the house so there's very little foot traffic and plenty of room. I would look after him just like I do my 2 girls.

Please let me know what you think. I'll send you a PM as well.

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Very happy to announce that Henry has come to live with me and my 2 Sphynx girls!!!

He's going to be the man of the house lol.

It's only been 24 hours so no interaction between the 3 of them yet, but Henry and I are besties already. Here are a couple of pics for y'all.

Attachments

• IMG_20190119_193725.jpg
    IMG_20190119_193725.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_20190119_194201.jpg
    IMG_20190119_194201.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 228

Pd3383

Lairian
Looking to find a loving home for our 5 year old Sphynx. Unfortunately he has been showing some stress signs of urinatiing on things in the house I.e baby carrier, baby's couch, inside empty laundry basket. This has happened over the past few weeks. He was evaluated at vet and vet believes it is behavioral, probably due to stress. Has had a hard time adjusting since we brought our son home almost 2 years ago but has never soiled anything before. Unfortunately we have a very busy schedule now and can't give him the attention he needs. He is very loving and affectionate. Wants to be with you all the time. Loves to play. Gets along well with other male cat and good with children. He is declawed. He does have cat herpes which, when flares up, causes him to be very sneezy. He also has looser stools often and has a probiotic mixed in his wet food dinner to help. He eats limited ingredient blue buffalo and natural balance right now. We are very sad to have to possibly rehome him but we feel he might be happier in a place that is lower stress and plenty of attention and play. We are located in Palm Beach County. No fee.
I'm looking for a buddy for my make

Attachments

• 20190806_160049.jpg
    20190806_160049.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 79

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
You might want to look into Feliway diffusers...you can also inquire if your vet feels kitty Prozac might help. It solved our problem with our stressed girl. It just took the edge off and she is far from lethargic.

Liz Crowley

Lairian
Did you find a home yet? I am in Charleston SC and interested - just me and hubby - work from home - no other pets or kid

Back