Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Looking for a name!

ShadyLaine

Lairian
Hey there everyone!

My name is ShadyLaine, and I'm getting my naked baby in October. He's black and white (Kind of a "tuxedo" cat with GIANT adorable ears. I've already got everything set up for him at home, including coconut oil and gentle shampoo.

I have wanted one of these special little babies for a while now - and now that I've finished college, I can finally have one! I am super excited! I have one cat already - a snowshoe siamese named Sabastian, who is missing my old kitty terribly, so I'm sure he'll love his new brother.

However, I'm having a bit of trouble coming up with a decent name. I like giving my cats "people" names, but I'm having trouble coming up with one that fits him.

So far, the names I've come up with are:
Elliot
Jude
Gavin
Howie
Edgar
Jaden
Remy

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

susi794

Staff member
Welcome to the Lair! Am so glad you found us and congrats on your new baby. When you said your other cat's name is Sebastian, I immediately thought of Cabot--Sebastian Cabot was an actor--a roly poly kind of fancy dressed guy--might be a cute name for a tuxedo boy. So you'd be calling, "Sebastian....Cabot..., come to Mommy!" Of the names you had listed I like Elliot--Sebastian and Elliot sound pretty good together too....or Edgar--like that one too.

Bella07

Banned
Congratulations and Welcome to Sphynx Lair! I really like the name Jayden. Good Luck, and feel free to share pictures when you get a chance :ThumbsUp:

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello ShadyLaine and welcome to Sphynxlair! Congrats on your new arrival! I do like the name Howie! Ive always been partial to Gage.:ThumbsUp:

ShadyLaine

Lairian
I'm kind of leaning towards either Gavin or Elliot, but I don't know which I like better or which suits him better.

I keep going through namelists looking for a name to just click.. I've never had this much trouble naming a cat - I knew Sabastian's name as soon as I saw him. I just knew it. But this little guy is hard to place.

If anyone has any good suggestions for names, I'm all ears!

Also, thank you everyone for the warm welcomes! =D I keep browsing through the boards reading all of the amazing amounts of information there is here! I also love all of the funny stories people post about their skin-kittens. I cannot wait to see what my little one gets up to!

Here are a couple of photos I just uploaded!

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome to the lair ShadyLaine! I can't help you with names, I'm horrible with them. But the little guy is adorable whatever you name him!

susi794

Staff member
What about Sylvester? I have to admit I like Elliot too--I can hear ET saying "ELL-I-OT" and I loved ET, so that's a name I'd pick.....

Fester

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
My suggestion would be Fredrick. that way you have Fred for casual use, and Mr. Astaire for more formal occasions.

That also leaves the possibility of Ginger for when you get a second sphynx...

ShadyLaine

Lairian
I think at the moment I'm debating between Elliot Grimm and Gavin of Gallifrey(from Doctor Who)

Yeah.. I'm a bit of a geek ^^;

I think I might need to get to know him better first!

ShadyLaine

Lairian
Heeheehee Grok is cute too!

I posted more pictures of him in my albums! He's so very,very naked. I love it!

I think I'm going with either Elliot or Gavin... But how to decide? :Dizzy:

Isn't he just adorable?

Back