Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Beck

Lairian
I am helping a friend here in Seattle, rehome thier Male sr Sphynx Einstein. He is a sweet old boy who just wants a warm lap, a few spankins and someone who has time to love on him.
His owner has had him since he was a kitten, but has started her own company and cannot give him the time he deserves or needs.
He has become needy, clingy and mopey when she is home and it is breaking her heart to know he is lonely. He refuses to eat when he is really sad.
We tried to have him live with us, but Prune made it clear she does not want a big brother! He, on the other hand, made himself right at home. Within a few visits, he was ignoring Prune's screams of protests and chilling on the sofa, drooling on her catnip stuff and playing feather. I think he would settle nicely into any home (except ours! Prune is a meany)
He has lived with other Sphynx and a chihuahua, is totally box trained and has his full records. Einstein loves nip, is still playful, with med to low activity level, and purrs like a champ when he is around people. He is beautifull with grey mottled skin that looks like the surface of the moon or lichen on treebark.
My friend is devastated, but knows this is the right move.

Is there anyone in the PNW with Sphynx experience, who would like to give this big rubber boy the love he deserves as he ages gracefully into his golden years?
Rehoming fee- 250.00

Attachments

• IMG_3245.jpg
    IMG_3245.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_3244.jpg
    IMG_3244.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 264
Last edited by a moderator:

Miss Beck

Lairian
@Miss Beck , Any updates on potential forever home for handsome Einstein?
I see he is available in the PNW ( Pacific Northwest ) Seattle area
@Jessica Simpson

All paws crossed for this sweet boy
((Hugs)) to his mum

Please keep us updated often

Here is a member in Washington that posted last month looking to adopt

Looking to Adopt in the Pacific Northwest
No updates yet. I did start a conversation w that member last week, but have not heard back. I have a large community of Sphynx friends on IG and think I will post there too.

I am really disappointed it didn't work out at my house, but my girl was very clear about her feelings. She LOVES everyone, but if Einstein's Mom came near her, she would turn into a ball of fury!
I will keep you updated.

Lulu

Lairian
Is he still available? We're looking to adopt a Sphynx. We have prior Sphynx experience, just had it put our 16 year old to sleep recently due to illness.

Kelsey Barnes

Lairian
Hi Ms Beck! I have read your post about Einstein and I would love to be considered as his new mommy!!! I am a Sphynx owner (or I should say owned by a Sphynx). Gretta is my sweet baby! I am very experienced with the breed as Gretta came to us with terrible IBS. I'm talking terrible! Gretta got soooooooooo sick and was skin and bones I called off of work for two days straight because I was terrified!! My house smelled awful and we literally had to eat Ramon Noodles for like two weeks straight because I spent so much money at the vet and could not buy groceries or pay our bills! But I never gave up on my Gretta and now she is as healthy and happy as ever! I absolutely love the Sphynx breed and would love to be considered. My personal email is klc klc 1285 at g mail (It would not let me write it) My cell phone number is 2705775120. I am in evansville Indiana and that is a BIIIIIGGGGG drive. But for a chance at Einstein..... I will pack a lunch and be happy to drive across the country for a chance at another cat like Gretta!

Miss Beck

Lairian
Hi Kelsey

You sound like a wonderful Sohynx Mama! Einstein seems like he would be an easy kitty to intagrate. He is a mellow guy.
I think his Mom was hoping for a more local family, but I forwarded your email to her. I'll dm you my info, so we can stay in contact.
Thank you for responding!
Beck

Kelsey Barnes

Lairian
Hi Kelsey

You sound like a wonderful Sohynx Mama! Einstein seems like he would be an easy kitty to intagrate. He is a mellow guy.
I think his Mom was hoping for a more local family, but I forwarded your email to her. I'll dm you my info, so we can stay in contact.
Thank you for responding!
Beck
Thank you Beck!

Miss Beck

Lairian
Hi Ms Beck! I have read your post about Einstein and I would love to be considered as his new mommy!!! I am a Sphynx owner (or I should say owned by a Sphynx). Gretta is my sweet baby! I am very experienced with the breed as Gretta came to us with terrible IBS. I'm talking terrible! Gretta got soooooooooo sick and was skin and bones I called off of work for two days straight because I was terrified!! My house smelled awful and we literally had to eat Ramon Noodles for like two weeks straight because I spent so much money at the vet and could not buy groceries or pay our bills! But I never gave up on my Gretta and now she is as healthy and happy as ever! I absolutely love the Sphynx breed and would love to be considered. My personal email is klc klc 1285 at g mail (It would not let me write it) My cell phone number is 2705775120. I am in evansville Indiana and that is a BIIIIIGGGGG drive. But for a chance at Einstein..... I will pack a lunch and be happy to drive across the country for a chance at another cat like Gretta!
Hi Kelsey

I spoke to E's Mom and she would be more comfortable having him closer to Seattle.
I know you will not have any problems finding a new baby to adopt closer to Indiana. After 9-12 months of looking I found Prune in Minneapolis!

Good luck!
Beck

Miss Beck

Lairian
Hi Kelsey
I talked Einstein Mom and she has a family here is Seattle and another near Portland Oregon that seem very promising. She is going to do house visits and play dates. Both are Sphynx families who either have or have had Sr kitties.

Hopefully one if those will work. We both feel so much better about his future!

Thank you for checking in on him!

Kelsey Barnes

Lairian
Hi Kelsey
I talked Einstein Mom and she has a family here is Seattle and another near Portland Oregon that seem very promising. She is going to do house visits and play dates. Both are Sphynx families who either have or have had Sr kitties.

Hopefully one if those will work. We both feel so much better about his future!

Thank you for checking in on him!
That is excellent news! I am so glad!

Miss Beck

Lairian
That is excellent news! I am so glad!
I know! Both of our hearts feel lighter right now & we can see him living happily in either household. One, the Dad works from home, the other has middle school age kids and another younger Sphynx with the Mom at home. He will get the attention & cuddles he craves! Hopefully I can get his future family on Instagram so we can see him!
I appreciate your asking; I LOVE the online Sphynx community so much!
B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back