Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Looking for a pair, near Northern VA (Would be new owner)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpiekars

Lairian
Hello all. I have been thinking about owning a pair of Sphynx cats for a long time. I am kinda allergic to regular cats, horses, dog saliva, etc. but have alays had dogs. I recently had to put our last Shiba Inu down as she was old and her quality of life was not good.

Anyways, I know the Sphynx is not hypo-allergenic, but I have been around them before and believe I would be fine. I want a pair because I do work, but there is usually someone in the house most of the time.

I believe in helping and that is why I searched until I came across this site. I could buy them straight out, but am in no hurry and would like to do all of my homework first to be sure a pair of Sphynx would be good for me. I have 4 kids and am a single parent, part of the time!

Please let me know if you know of a pair available, if it is recommended to have siblings, or same aged Sphynx, etc. Anything you can tell me would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Kevin

EmbraceMonChat

Lairian
Hey Kevin, welcome to the Lair.

I just got my first Sphynx kitten a little over a week ago so I can't really offer you any advice. Well, I can tell you that they are highly addictive and my second kitten will be home sometime in June, lol. :)

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Nevermind about the location. lol I'm a dork and didn't realize you put it in the title of your thread! haha Welcome tho!! We will keep an eye open for you!

holly_savage

Banned
Welcome Kevin, if you are looking for a pair that already friends, then maybe a couple of retired breeders would be right for you??? Just a thought.

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi Kevin! Welcome to the boards. From my experience having two is always better!! :) I had my male first, he was about 2 when my female came home. She was 3 when we got her. i'm not sure if it's simply because he's male and dominating, but he roughs her up sometimes. But she seems to like it because when we stops she starts smacking at him! :) Because my kitties come from different background, it took my female a long time (4-5 month) to fully feel like our home was her home. the transition was hard for her. so that's something to be aware of. I also think two kitties are always good because they can entertain one another. my babies are ALWAYS snuggling together.
Good luck finding your soul-mates! :)

susi794

Staff member
Hi Kevin, welcome to the Lair. Kittens are easier to combine if you don't get littermates...but others have had great success combining adults. I've found that boys are more easy going and seem to accept others easier than the girls do. So if it were me, I'd probably go for two boys--both neutered, of course, so domination doesn't become an issue. Or a male/female combo...not sure I would go girl/girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back