Looking for a senior Sphynx in SoCal

Discussion in 'Sphynx Cat Rescue & Adoption' started by just, Apr 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. just

justLairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $71.50
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hello, my name is Justice and my family and I are currently looking for an older Sphynx to join our household. We are located in Southern California, although we’re very willing to drive to pick up our new family member, or figure out another way to get it delivered.
    Our house is currently home to many different pets, including one blind senior cocker spaniel mix and one adult cocker (both rescues) as well as a Cockatoo (bird), two chameleons, and finally a 14-year-old domestic short hair cat.
    We love senior pets, and we’re looking for a Sphynx to fit that mold. It’s pretty easy to find Sphynx kittens, but we’ve had trouble finding a senior Sphynx for sale/adoption. While we love kittens as well, our current cat would not be particularly pleased with us if we asked her to put up with a kitten, and we’re looking for a more mellow cat that enjoys sleeping more than playing.
    We spend most of our time at home and have a very relaxed lifestyle. While the cat will be an indoor cat, there will be opportunities for outdoor time. Our current cat was declawed before she came to us and is missing many of her teeth, so she cannot defend herself very well. I mention this to say, if there is a chance your cat will be aggressive, please mention that when you contact me.
    If you think your cat fits the bill, please contact me at justiciar8(at)gmail()com, or comment below. Thank you so much!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Hugs Hugs x 1

• Toa and Ross

Toa and RossGold Lairian Notable Member

Sphynx Bucks:
      $216,965.24
      Ratings:
      +19,600
      @just welcome to sphynxlair. Hope members from your area will pm you. Good luck in your search!

• Yoda mom

Yoda momModerator Staff Member

Sphynx Bucks:
      $102,244.13
      Ratings:
      +11,025
      • Butterflies
      • Red Sphynx
      • Pink Sphynx
      • Black Sphynx
      @just welcome to the lair family .. Love your avatar pic :)
      Bless you for opening your heart and home to adoption

Highly recommend contacting reputable breeders to talk with them about upcoming retirees .
      I adopted a wonderful retiree adult kitty . I never even knew this was an option so I wanted to share .

Perhaps starting thread for referrals for reputable breeders in your area so members may PM you :)

All paws crossed the sphynx stars align

Keep us updated often
      Smooches and scritches to your babies

• Hugs Hugs x 1
      • Anita Eccleston

Anita EcclestonV.I.P Lairian V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
        $19,631.61
        Ratings:
        +1,643
        • Pink Sphynx
        • Lady bug
        • butterfly 4
        Hi there and welcome I do hope you are able to find a senior sphynx to join your loving caring home
        ❤️❤️❤️xxx

• Roki

RokiLairian

Sphynx Bucks:
        $2,681.40
        Ratings:
        +241
        • Xmas sphynx
        My girl was not a senior, but a “retiree” from a breeder. With a little patience, yours will come along. Getting in touch with local breeders might be a good start, as they will keep each other informed, and in turn, you, if one is coming up for adoption. It can be good to get an “experienced” kitty from a breeder, because they know their temperament and they are used to the cleaning routine, which makes it easier for everyone! Best of luck finding a happy puzzle piece to fit into your menagerie! Sounds fun!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
        Thread Status:
        Not open for further replies.