Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Looking for a Sphynx in Ontario, Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunshineInABag

Lairian
Hello everyone!

I am new here, this is my first post. I've been reading a lot of previous posts and you all sound like lovely, helpful people!

I have not owned a Sphynx cat, but I have had hairy cats and I work in a vet hospital with all types. I had to leave my previous cat with my parents when I moved out 3 years ago and I have missed having a cat around the house more than I thought I would have.

My boyfriend is allergic to cat dander, so I've been looking into the Sphynx as an option. They are super cute and I think one would fit in well with my household.

I haven't had much luck finding a rescue in Ontario, so I thought I'd ask all of you! Please PM or email me if you know of a Sphynx that might need a new home :).

Jennifer

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
hello and welcome. It is hard to find a sphynx in Ontario. I ended going to michigan for mine. Your boyfriend may be allergic to cats because of the dander, but sphynxes do lick themselves so he may still be allergic. It would be nice if you could find one and visit it first before you make that decission. have you Kijiji for a sphynx?
P.S. Another person from Ontario!!!!

Raen83

Lairian
I can only say "ditto" to it being hard to find a Sphynx for rescue is Ontario. I looked for a while, accepted they just don't exist and put a deposit down on a kitten coming to me from pretty much the opposite end of Ontario. LOL There is a breeder pretty close to my home (on the Quebec side) and it would only be a bout a 20 min drive, but wound up making the decision to get my kitten from the breeder in Ontario. I liked her home and her kittens and she was very responsive... So I went with her. LOL Nothing against the other breeder, I just "clicked" better with the one I chose. Google search breeders in Ontario and a simple kijiji search should be all you'd need to find one.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Being we are not from Canada I am no help but wish you the best of luck in your search.:ThumbsUp:
I also think it would be a great idea for a visit first to make sure your boyfriend is not allergic.

SunshineInABag

Lairian
Thanks so much for the well wishes and tips everyone!
Yes, I have tried kijiji but I will keep scouring it daily :)
Nice to see fellow Canadians on here, if I find a lead I will share it for sure!

It would be great if my bf could meet the cat before we commit, I hope it works out like that. If not he thinks he will be ok because at least there won't be hair all over his clothes.

I will keep you posted on my search!

susi794

Staff member
Welcome to the Lair....I am so glad you found us and that you're joining our online family of friends! Good luck in your search for the kitty that is ultimately looking for you as hard as you are for him or her. If your bf is allergic to the dander, he should be fine with a sphynx, if he is allergic to the saliva, then he'll still be allergic. You'll love being owned by a sphynx. There's just nothing like it.
Hugs,
Susi and the gang

JeriLeighR

Lairian
I have a sphynx up for adoption and I live in Southwest Michigan. I am looking for a forever home for her. It is getting down to the wire, as I have a week left at my house, so I am still trying to find her a home, but have to make sure it's a great one. :) Message me if you would like more details. I started a thread on it, it's from a couple weeks ago under rescue. Thanks, and good luck on your search, they are wonderful members of the family!

linepp

Banned
My daughter is allergic to cats, and she has been happily owned by 2 sphynx for the past 3 years! Good luck..... you will love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back