Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Looking for a sphynx to adopt!

ALyssa Hazler

Lairian
Hi everyone!

My name is Alyssa! I have been searching for a sphynx for about 3 years now. I would love to adopt versus purchasing from a breeder but I am not opposed to that either if anyone has any breeder suggestions as well. I currently live in Ohio but would be willing to travel anywhere.

Thank you all in advance!

Sheldon13

Staff member
They do come up for adoption here regularly. Keep checking in and good luck!

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Yoda mom

Staff member
all paws crossed the sphynx stars align. stay positive. I have 4 adoptees. stay active here and check often. also, be sure to read the fraud tips thread. very helpful when I was looking at ads outside the sphynxlair. you can check with TICA, interview breeders for reputable breeders in your area for any upcoming retirees. I adopted a wonderful retiree.

Keedle95

Lairian
Hi everyone!

My name is Alyssa! I have been searching for a sphynx for about 3 years now. I would love to adopt versus purchasing from a breeder but I am not opposed to that either if anyone has any breeder suggestions as well. I currently live in Ohio but would be willing to travel anywhere.

Thank you all in advance!

Hi Alyssa! I have a 5 y/o Tuxedo boy named Loki that I’m looking to re-home. He’s incredibly sweet and well behaved, but needs a lot of attention and affection. I currently have 4 other sphynx cats that are very bonded and pick on him a little, so I’d like to find a new home for him where he can be the center of attention and be totally spoiled. Please let me know if you’re interested!

Attachments

• 9154F73A-A991-4171-AF71-0E0B5BE035C2.jpeg
    9154F73A-A991-4171-AF71-0E0B5BE035C2.jpeg
    162.8 KB · Views: 39

ALyssa Hazler

Lairian
Hi Alyssa! I have a 5 y/o Tuxedo boy named Loki that I’m looking to re-home. He’s incredibly sweet and well behaved, but needs a lot of attention and affection. I currently have 4 other sphynx cats that are very bonded and pick on him a little, so I’d like to find a new home for him where he can be the center of attention and be totally spoiled. Please let me know if you’re interested!
he is adorable! i would love to hear more about him!

Keedle95

Lairian
he is adorable! i would love to hear more about him!
Thank you! He is, as I mentioned, very sweet and cuddly. He meows whenever he wants to be held and loves licking people He has a good amount of fuzz patches covering parts of his back and his extremities (ears, feet and tip of his tail) so he’s got a less extreme maintenance requirement than your typical, totally bald sphynx, which would need more frequent bathing and oil treatments for dry skin. When I received him from the breeder as a baby, I was given paperwork that certified that he was safely bred and came with no pre-existing health conditions. I believe he would do well in a home with someone who will be able to give him ample amounts of attention. He was raised in a home (previously to my purchasing him) with dogs and other cats but I cannot speak to his compatibility with other animals now that he is mature. He is not a shy cat and will not typically hide in a new environment, however I also believe he will require a bit of patience in the beginning as he would cry frequently and need to be reassured that he will be taken care of. He has been neutered and received all the vaccinations required to keep him up to date. He is 100% an indoor cat but loves to sunbathe in a good sunny window. Attaching more pictures of Loki below!! :)

Attachments

• B4A967DA-FCAC-4028-8C63-C3BE60723F94.png
    B4A967DA-FCAC-4028-8C63-C3BE60723F94.png
    185.2 KB · Views: 32
  • A448ADEC-03FC-4947-B494-BB2D616030A6.jpeg
    A448ADEC-03FC-4947-B494-BB2D616030A6.jpeg
    134.2 KB · Views: 35
  • 36408AF8-5473-4953-A88F-48E458F9C738.png
    36408AF8-5473-4953-A88F-48E458F9C738.png
    203 KB · Views: 33

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Thank you! It will break my heart to part with him but I don’t have enough space to keep him separated from my other boys, who have begun to nip and scratch at him :( I want to make sure he is given the life he deserves, somewhere he will be comfortable and happy.
It happens, but kudos for doing the best for him. FWIW I adopted a 5 year old boy a year and a half ago. He's adapted really well to new food, new litter, new sisters and whatever else.

Back