Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Looking for a Sphynx to love

I have been looking to adopt a Sphynx of my own for 2 years now. I would rather adopt one that needs a home or is "retired" than get a kitten financially I think it would be a better fit.
I found this forum and thought maybe someone could help. I'd love to have one of these little cuties to love. I'd like a girl but I would take anyone in need of a good home.

Can anyone help? I'm from the Philadelphia area
Thanks in advance!
Rebecca

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi Rebecca,

Sorry I can't help you with finding a sphynx since I'm in WI, but I wanted to welcome you to the forum. This is a great place with so much information. Good luck finding your sphynx! She (or he) will be worth the wait, I promise :ThumbsUp:

holly_savage

Banned
Welcome to the Lair Rebecca. If you search the threads for "cattery moving" or "retired breeder" you might find some info. It would entail shipping probably as one is in MO and the other in UT (I believe), but they were fairly recent and had some good prices.

Good luck and let us know when you get your new Sphynx!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Hi QueenoftheCatfight welcome :ThumbsUp: glad you found us. Good luck in your sphynx search, if you stick around I am sure something will come up:Wink:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome to the site.
I would go for a retired breeder or a older kitten that is cheaper from a breeder because HCM is very common in sphynx.
If you adopt one with out knowing the history you may end up with a very sick cat.
It has happened to people i know.
I almost made that mistake people I got Cleo and now that cat is only 1 and is dying.

Back