Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Looking for a Sphynx to rescue

belmidoct

Lairian
We just recently moved to Prescott,AZ and would love to add a Sphynx to our family. I've wanted one my whole life! I've searched around on the web and there is so much fraudulent information. I had started to give up hope- and then I found this site. I'm willing to drive a bit, if need be, to rescue a cat. And I hate to sound picky but I am looking for a female kitten. (Since I was a child I have had many cats and have found that, occasionally, a male will start to spray even after being neutered.)
If anyone has any ideas or any information it would be much appreciated!:BigSmile:

Hello and welcome to the Lair! Good luck finding your Sphynx! I have two males and a female. Not all males will spray, in fact most neutered males will not. Females can actually spray too. You never know, a sweet male may turn up needing you to give him a forever home! Since you are looking for a rescue, try to be open to male or female...

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome! There are always posts on here to rehome sphynx so keep looking and you will find your perfect soulmate:BigSmile:

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello belmidoct and welcome to Sphynxlair! We have rescues listled in our Sphynx rescue section sometimes, good luck on your search and please enjoy the site!:ThumbsUp:

Gullivers Keeper

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Good luck in your search!! Males or Females can spray or have potty problems, it's like children you never know what problems may come and they are all different... I've had 4 males cats in my life that were fixed an 3 live together now and none spray... Keep your heart open to the one that picks you :)

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

My brother has 2 altered males and they spray everything including the kitchen sink.
My boy has never sprayed so it depends on the cat.
I still prefer girls though.
Please make sure the breeder scans for HCM if you get a sphynx from a breeder.
HCM is very common in the sphynx breed.
Many people have got rescues and because there were no history on the cats many died from HCM.

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome to the lair. Take your time and ask lots of questions when you find a potential sphynxie. Sooner or later the right one for you will turn up. Good luck in your search!

MalinkaS

Lairian
I want to wish good luck! I want to share how I solved this problem! My house is worth a lot of pots (toilets) for cats! There is a bio-toilet, toilet with filler (sprinkled something), toilet with bars, no filler, and thus cats themselves choose where they want to go, I can provide such a choice! And that's good!

TotenEngel

Banned
Good luck in your search!

I have had boy cats only for the last 20 years and had no problems with spraying dspite the fact many of them were neutered later in life as they were rescues!

Also, as a warning, if you are after a rescue it is unlikely you will find a kitten

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcome to Sphynx Lair. Good luck in your search. I hope you find the right Sphynx soon.