Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Looking for a Sphynx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caspar

Lairian
Hello!

I recently came into possession of a 7 year old male sphynx. His owner rehomed him when they found out their toddler was allergic. I've had Zach for almost 6 months now and I have come to LOVE this breed. However, he seems to be a little lonely being the only kitty in the house, and I'd like to find him a friend.

If anyone is rehoming a cat or kitten(Preferably an adult, fixed, over one year of age) for a reasonable price(I got Zach for $300 as he had an eye ulcer), in Ontario Canada(or willing to ship), please let me know.

I am a veterinary technician, and am able to look after cats/kittens with special needs. I am discounted at the clinic I work at, and am knowledgeable about medications, giving fluids, special diets, etc.

Thanks so much in advance,

~Caspar

susi794

Staff member
Welcome to the Lair! You sound like the perfect home for a special needs rescue especially--keep watch, we have people postiing rescue ads they've seen all the time. I'm sure Zach would love to have a playmate.

gizmo6370

Banned
Welcome Caspar & Zach....and good luck in your search....i'm sure you are gonna find a nice friend for Zach:Smile:

Hi Caspar and welcome to the Lair! This is a great place full of wonderful people and awesome Sphynx!

I am in Ontario as well! I currently have 2 Sphynx! Love these cats.

I am not sure what part of Ontario you are in but there are two posts on Kijiji -

This one is for two boys that have been on there for quite a while. I think it is because they are older (4 and 7), as well as the owner is being very selective as to who they go to. He wants $750 and $500 respectively but said it is negotiable. I really want to see these boys go to a good home.

2 Sphynx cats-male-neutered/vaccinated ($500/$750) - City of Toronto Cats & Kittens For Sale - Kijiji City of Toronto Canada.

This is a new one for a girl -

sphynx - Oshawa / Durham Region Cats & Kittens For Sale - Kijiji Oshawa / Durham Region Canada.has been a post on Kijiji

Anyway, check on Kijiji and Craigslist for areas near you as well and many times you can find Sphynx looking for a forever home!

Caspar

Lairian
Thank you so much Dreaming in Color, I've responded to the ad for the two boys.
I like the fact that the older one is the same age as Zach, and fro mthe description, he seems to have a similar personality.

I never would have thought to look on kijiji - I've heard some horror stories of backyard breeders posting on there, and try to avoid it for that reason. However, I should have thought of the rehoming possibilities.

I've also replied to the ad for the girl as well, but I'm leaning more towards the boys age-range for Zach.

Thank you so much Dreaming in Color, I've responded to the ad for the two boys.
I like the fact that the older one is the same age as Zach, and fro mthe description, he seems to have a similar personality.

I never would have thought to look on kijiji - I've heard some horror stories of backyard breeders posting on there, and try to avoid it for that reason. However, I should have thought of the rehoming possibilities.

I've also replied to the ad for the girl as well, but I'm leaning more towards the boys age-range for Zach.

Oh Caspar I am so happy you have inquired about the boys (especially the older guy)! When I was looking for my second Sphynx I actually spoke on the phone to the owner. He seemed very nice and genuine. He even offered for me to come out to his house and meet them before making any decisions! He really wants to make sure they go to a good home. I keep looking at them still on the site and wish for them to find a loving home so badly.

I got my first Sphynx from and ad on Kijiji! The lady was going through a divorce and moving and had to rehome him. It was so heartbreaking for her. She had had him since a wee kitten and he was just turning 3. Just be careful as yes, some can be scams or bad breeders but you can find that on websites as well.

Keep us posted!

Caspar

Lairian
I went and visited the boys and they are adorable! The older one, however, has an eye infection, and his eyes are fairly special in that the eyelids are partially turned in. The owner is still showing them to other potential buyers, but so far, I'm apparently at the top of the list! Wish me luck!

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh I hope you get the cats - that would be wonderful. Crossing my fingers and Dinka crossing his paws.:ThumbsUp:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Thats great that you were able to go visit with them. Hopefully everything works out in your favor! Goodluck and keep us posted!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back