Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Looking for a Sphynx

Shebangdanes

Lairian
I've recently joined this forum. I'm looking for the right hairless kitty to join my family! I'm not against buying a kitten from a good breeder but I've spent alot of time on petfinder lately! It seems there are some wonderful Sphynx that come through that site but never in my area. I'm located in Southern Indiana. Charity

PitRottMommy

Banned
If you want the right kitty, don't expect it to come to you. You may have to go looking and intend to travel for that purpose, especially if you intend to rescue.

I drove over 2000 miles one weekend to rescue the brother and sister to my first sphynx from a rescue in Kentucky that had been listed on Petfinder. We're in Oklahoma. And it's been the best thing we ever could have done. They love being together and they're all happy, which means a great deal to us.

Use the search button and search threads about buying from breeders and what to look for when rescuing. There are many others who have been advised on the same topic of what you're going through...especially those of us who have decided that one isn't enough ;)

Shebangdanes

Lairian
I'm more than happy to travel far to get the right kitty but it seems the adoptions places won't adopt out-of-state or by the time I get in contact with the ones in shelters, they are already adopted!

I have been talking to breeder recently and her kittens are spoken for but the momma is looking for a home. I think she is a perfect fit for my family and I'm getting excited! I'm trying to contain myself until it is solidified though . . . This kitty is still nursing her kittens so I'm being patient :) Ohhh . . . and she is almost 800 miles away!! LOL!

Brooke

Banned
I'm more than happy to travel far to get the right kitty but it seems the adoptions places won't adopt out-of-state or by the time I get in contact with the ones in shelters, they are already adopted!

I have been talking to breeder recently and her kittens are spoken for but the momma is looking for a home. I think she is a perfect fit for my family and I'm getting excited! I'm trying to contain myself until it is solidified though . . . This kitty is still nursing her kittens so I'm being patient :) Ohhh . . . and she is almost 800 miles away!! LOL!

I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Both of my cats came to me as adults, and it took months of daily searching to find them. I ran into the same thing you describe - by the time you answer an ad, they are already adopted out. Keep searching, the right kitty will find it's way to you! :ThumbsUp:

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I knew there was one I missed. I kept looking but couldn't find so I thought I was losing my mind :Worn-out:

Shebangdanes

Lairian
Re: Looking for a Sphynx - I got her now!

I finally got my very own naked kitty! I got her from the breeder that I had been talking to after all . . . . instead of rescuing. That's okay though because she is special needs! She is allergic to processed food and must stay on a raw diet (easy enough - that's ALL I feed all my animals) and currently she has an inner ear infection! That's new to me. Anyone had any experience with that? She walks around drunk but she is getting better!

Her name is Bling and she is one year old. She is sooo sweet and loves everybody - including the furry cat, dogs, and kids! She is double registered and no hair whatsoever! LOVE HER!

I'm going to try to upload some pix! Ok - that didn't work - I'll try later to post some pix!

Charity

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Shebangdanes and welcome to Sphynx Lair! Im glad you found your Sphynx kitty, cant wait to see pics!:ThumbsUp::Laugh:

Back