Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Looking for calm adult sphynx or donskoy

Melcap

Lairian
hello, not sure if this is the right place to post this or not -

I'm in the US and have a calm female that I think is lonely, I would like to add a calm adult (preferably male) to the house instead of an energetic kitten. Where do you search for this?
kittens seem to be a dime a dozen, but adults are a challenge. If I was to purchase from a breeder, it would have to be a reputable hcm scanning breeder. When taking in a cat from a previous owner I'm not as picky, but I cannot financially reward what I view as a "bad breeder"

There isn't a for sale section hiding in here right?
Thanks

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Welcome @Melcap to sphynxlair

There is indeed no “for sale” section here. This is because breeders are not allowed to advertise on sphynxlair. You can make a thread and say in which area you leave so members can pm you the name of a breeder. There’s an adoption section where you can ask for cats that are up for adoption. I’ll tag @Catzzzmeow and @admin for you cause they can help you with this.

Lickleone

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
There is a rehoming section where people look for new home for a Sphynx these are adults maybe have a look at the rescue section for people Post there to rehome

admin

Administrator
Staff member
hello, not sure if this is the right place to post this or not -

I'm in the US and have a calm female that I think is lonely, I would like to add a calm adult (preferably male) to the house instead of an energetic kitten. Where do you search for this?
kittens seem to be a dime a dozen, but adults are a challenge. If I was to purchase from a breeder, it would have to be a reputable hcm scanning breeder. When taking in a cat from a previous owner I'm not as picky, but I cannot financially reward what I view as a "bad breeder"

There isn't a for sale section hiding in here right?
Thanks
Welcome! Here is the adoption/ rescue area. :)

Melcap

Lairian
Thank you! I've been looking on there, it's what brought me to this website to start :)

I've been looking for a rescue for 1.5 yrs - at this point I am accepting that I will have to purchase a cat, something I swore I would never do given the rate of euthanasia of cats per year.

I want Waffles to have a hairless sibling to cuddle, but I cannot find an adult to purchase.

Which forum am I supposed to ask for breeder recommendations? Though I don't want a kitten.

I'll fly anywhere in the US to get one - location doesn't matter - it's finding the appropriate personality adult from a good breeder that's hard. I'm not buying from a crummy breeder.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Melcap, stay Positve check the rescue adoption section often
I adopted two from a lair member

You can post thread for reputable breeders in your area to get om their retiree list
I adopted a womderful retiree at a fraction of her original import cost.
She does ship and is extremely professional

If you like I can PM my breeders name .. She is meticulous amd kitties HCM scanned Regulary amd raised underfoot spoiled beyond measure .

Here are some good links
What to expect from a responsible sphynx breeder

How to Detect fraud sphynx cat adoption ads

I have 4 adult adoptees
The right one (s) will find you and Waffles

Keep active here so members know you are lookimg to adopt amd get to know you amd Waffles with pics m tales :)

Back