Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Looking for Sphynx kittens - Massachusetts & nearby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for Sphynx kittens to adopt or buy I had a Sphynx cat name Rocky passed last December I had him for 16yrs please help me to locate a Sphynx in Massachusetts

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Sylvia All paws crossed the Sphynx stars align
So sorry your friend Rocky got his angel wings .. No time is ever enough
An incredible 16 years of love (((hugs)))
I truly believe they send us the one to love like they knew in this world
A kitty will be blessed with your love

Toa and Ross

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@Sylvia welcome to sphynxlair. So very sorry for the loss of your boy Rocky. After being together for 16 years your heart must be broken to lose him.
Hope members from area will pm you. Fingers crossed a sphynx will find her/his way to you.

Yumi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Sylvia

Hi and welcome to the lair.
I'm sorry to read about your loss.
It is good you took your time to give it a place in your heart. 16 years is an amazing age.

I'm not sure how it is where you live, but here they even often work with a wait list of unborn kittens where you get put on, if they have a litter they inform you if you're still interested as they work their way through the list to find every kitten a golden home.
So don't be shy to call or e-mail several breeders and inform yourself.

To find a breeder is sometimes hard but not hard;
On one side it is as simple to open google and search 'Cattery's in Massachusetts' and do some research and a lot of reading.
I'm afraid I cannot link you due the forum rules so that's something you'll have to do yourself.
On the other hand just as Yoda mom posted a links too:
- What to expect from a responsible breeder.
- How to detect fraud.
I can only highly recommend to read those too as they can be a great help (golden tips, I swear!) to decide which Cattery you want your little one from and what to look out for.

There are a lot of awesome breeders around the world. Sadly enough there are also a few very rotten apples.
So make sure you go prepared if you visit an Cattery, you can write it on a notepad and grab a pen along to mark all the marks with good or bad so you can view after wards on what the plus and the minus points of that Cattery are.
(Example is it clean, are the parents tested on the tests they need to be tested on, is there a contract, are you allowed to see all the health records, is there open communication, does the breeder have a application or questions you as well about where there little baby will go home to, and so on and so on.)
It's also always handy to write down how you felt with the owners, how your overall impression was.
If you visit a few you can compare then and pick the one you feel the best with.
(Often you can also try to stalk google to see if there where bad reviews/complaints or negativity revolving a certain Cattery and it's reputation.)
After all you want the little one you take home to be healthy!

I hope these tips and the lair articles can help you on your search.
Good luck with the search.
I'd say don't be shy to keep us updated :)

Joanne

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I live in MA and when I got Bella I couldn’t find a breeder in MA. I got her out of state. That was 9 years ago, so maybe there are some out here now.

Yumi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Joanne Since I do not know much from breeders in your country I think it is a brilliant idea to search a little outside the state.
If that's do-able to pick up by car or so. Big thumb up for that idea. :happy:

I live in MA and when I got Bella I couldn’t find a breeder in MA. I got her out of state. That was 9 years ago, so maybe there are some out here now.
Hi Joanne maybe there some out of state I tried two and they were a bunch scammers I will keep looking thanks for the info

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Sylvia All paws crossed for the Sphynx stars to align

Keep positive
Also please let us know how far you are willing to drive or fly ?
@Catzzzmeow has a great Reputable breeder worth contacting

Status
Not open for further replies.