Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Looking for suggestions

sphynxmoms

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Although Buck did not care for being outdoors...at least not on his leash. He LOVES looking outside. We live in a rural area and have quite a bit of wild life in our yard. We have the usual chipmunks, squirrels, rabbits and birds but we have a stream that goes through our property so we also get deer and wild turkey almost daily as well.
Can anybody that has a window seat...share the brand you have and what you like and don't like about it? I want something sturdy , as we will have 2 kittens soon. I don't want something that may fall and get hurt.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
I swear by these. They are very sturdy and hold up to 60 pounds. We ended up getting 2.

47f67ad2f6ef3d8e6d1742f2e983b9d7.png

acc2cc2379e23686398cddd6d52791b5.png

7ec14baeee17f3f13b130742889595c6.png

Patti

nudieluvr

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I bought this one of Amazon and it is used daily. Sometimes two kitties use it at once. I did turn the cover around though so that the "lip" was on the outside instead of against the window to prevent someone from slipping off easily.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
I have an ordinary windowsill where I put a blanket on. My crew can sit there for hours watching birds (backyard) and people (at the front). I think I need to buy a bench to put outside in the front where people can sit who want to watch my crew (sometimes people stand there starring at the nakeds for minutes:)

sphynxmoms

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thanks for the great suggestions! @Catzzzmeow and @nudieluvr I bought one of each:p:LOL:...one for upstairs, one for downstairs.
@Toa and Ross My window sills are very narrow...I don't think he could even lay on them now...can't imagine when he's grown. We live in a pretty rural area, we don't get too many people here. I've lived here for 17 yrs and never even had a trick or treater. But we do have quite a bit of wild life that Buck loves to watch through the window.
@Maddie I LOVE your box. I just don't know that I could find suction cups that would be strong enough. Did a search on line for the terminology you used but didn't see anything that would work for a cat window seat.:(

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I went to Home Depot to pick them up. A pack of four was 7$. Each hold 10 pounds. I used 3. I can push pretty hard on the thing and it doesn't budge. Gripa brand. The look like window decals with hooks.

sphynxmoms

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I went to Home Depot to pick them up. A pack of four was 7$. Each hold 10 pounds. I used 3. I can push pretty hard on the thing and it doesn't budge. Gripa brand. The look like window decals with hooks.

Awesome I will make one to travel with! We take Buck to my Mom's occasionally when I will be doing stuff for her around her yard and house. We have a home depot in the town I work in...I will check them out! Thanks!:love:

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I had to ask where they were lol not in a logical spot in the Home Depot here atleast. Was hiding with the command hooks and felt.
Works pretty well though! Still trying to figure out a better way to attach to diction onto the box. It's just with packing tape at the moment. That is the only flaw. But a hot glue gun could probably fix that actually: glue them in lol I just don't have one.. yet XD

sphynxmoms

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I had to ask where they were lol not in a logical spot in the Home Depot here atleast. Was hiding with the command hooks and felt.
Works pretty well though! Still trying to figure out a better way to attach to diction onto the box. It's just with packing tape at the moment. That is the only flaw. But a hot glue gun could probably fix that actually: glue them in lol I just don't have one.. yet XD

Purr-fect...I have a glue gun!;)(y)

Maddie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
It should help, might still need the tape so kitty can't scratch at it, but it should hold it all together. Might make putting it up interesting though. So might not be the best
The suction things need to be pressed all the way around to stick, they don't just get pushed on and work.
I will keep thinking! Lol

Back