Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Looking to adopt/buy a Sphynx in TX

CooperW

Lairian
Hi All!

My name is Cooper, and I am a PhD student in Austin, TX. I absolutely love Sphynx cats and am ready to adopt my very own hairless companion! Graduate school can often be isolating, but I dream of spending my hours reading books and cuddling with a Sphynx friend. I would prefer to adopt but I have also tried reaching out to local breeders to see if they are retiring cats anytime soon. No luck yet, but my fingers are still crossed that it will work out!

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Hello and welcome @CooperW Wishing you good luck on your journey finding a hairless wonder. I did giggle about you sharing Graduate School can be isolating...I think we all know what that feels like these days lol.

Sheldon13

Staff member
Hi fellow Texan! I’m in the North Texas area, but I know of a lot of good breeders in Texas in general. Let me know if you are interested and I will PM you. Maybe one of them you won’t have contacted yet.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Murrocity

Lairian
Hello! Although I'm not sure if it's technically considered "north" Texas, I could give you the website to for the cattery I'm looking at getting a Sphynx from? They are located in Tyler.

sarahchang1127

Lairian
Hi there! I have also been interest in getting a sphynx. I’m located in the DFW area and was wondering if you could tell me what breeders you reached out to already because I was also looking to adopt one first if possible. I’m also interested in knowing the breeders that were recommended to you. Thanks!

Symphanie01

Lairian
Hi All!

My name is Cooper, and I am a PhD student in Austin, TX. I absolutely love Sphynx cats and am ready to adopt my very own hairless companion! Graduate school can often be isolating, but I dream of spending my hours reading books and cuddling with a Sphynx friend. I would prefer to adopt but I have also tried reaching out to local breeders to see if they are retiring cats anytime soon. No luck yet, but my fingers are still crossed that it will work out!

Hey Cooper, I live about 40min away from Austin and am looking to rehome my Sphynx. He’s 4, neutered, active and affectionate.. some life changes have happened and he no longer gets the attention he needs because of my work schedule. If you are still looking let me know! I prefer text since this website does support and app or notifications.
719-313-1918

sarahchang1127

Lairian
Hey Cooper, I live about 40min away from Austin and am looking to rehome my Sphynx. He’s 4, neutered, active and affectionate.. some life changes have happened and he no longer gets the attention he needs because of my work schedule. If you are still looking let me know! I prefer text since this website does support and app or notifications.
719-313-1918
Hi there, I am located in Dallas and have been looking for a companion for a long time. I have sent you a text! Thanks! Sarah

tmp82

Lairian
Hi fellow Texan! I’m in the North Texas area, but I know of a lot of good breeders in Texas in general. Let me know if you are interested and I will PM you. Maybe one of them you won’t have contacted yet.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need
Hey there,
Do you mind also sharing any of the breeders with me? I'm 38, live in Fort Worth, single mother & part-time student on a legal educational path working to eventually attend Law School.
Tiffany

Back