Welcome to the Sphynxlair community! A community dedicated to the Sphynx breed!

Looking to adopt in 10705

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking to be adopted by a wonderful Sphynx friend in Westchester County, NY. I'm willing to drive to meet and bond with any potential Sphynxs when possible. There are currently no other animals in my home.

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@lynda hollis welcome again. It's good to post in this thread and check it often. Once a sphynx is posted here to be put up for adoption, they usually go very fast.

Have you checked with breeders from Westchester County to where you'd be willing to travel to? Many times breeders have retired young cats or know when they will be retiring another soon.

Best of luck.

I never considered contacting breeders about kitties that are retired or will be retiring soon but I think I will be compiling emails and sending some tomorrow with inquiries about that. Thank you guys so much for the love and support!
<3

@lynda hollis welcome again. It's good to post in this thread and check it often. Once a sphynx is posted here to be put up for adoption, they usually go very fast.

Have you checked with breeders from Westchester County to where you'd be willing to travel to? Many times breeders have retired young cats or know when they will be retiring another soon.

Best of luck.

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@lynda hollis, in general, breeders do charge for their retired breeders and in general they do charge a hefty adoption fee. I'm generalizing. The adoption fee is surely not equal to adopting one of their kittens, of course.

Sometimes a female may go up for adoption at a breeder's cattery after just one litter for a number of reasons: Was not a good mother, only produced one or two kittens, etc., etc. Many breeder's will put a stud (male cat) up for adoption (retire him) by the age of 2 years old just so that he can have a good life while he's still young and will have the opportunity to be a loving pet and not have to live behind bars anymore.

So very often ppl can adopt a retired breeder at the age of 2 or under so they can have many loving years left.

There are so few Sphynx Catteries in NY, none in Westchester county, unless I need to look elsewhere other than google. I've only found two/three.

Best of luck.
There

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
There are so few Sphynx Catteries in NY, none in Westchester county, unless I need to look elsewhere other than google. I've only found two/three.

There
@lynda hollis did you call them yet? If so, any luck with retired breeders now or in the near future?

You can also make a new thread on this site asking for members to PM you with other sphynx breeders in and around the NY area. This way you may get more info here.

I called and left a message with one, they haven't called me back yet. I have another I will call today. I will not give up on finding my naked baby. I know one is out there for me. The stars will align when the time is right. For now I'm definitely going to make another post inquiring if anyone knows of any other breeders other than the two I already know of. I appreciate all of you so much.

@lynda hollis did you call them yet? If so, any luck with retired breeders now or in the near future?

You can also make a new thread on this site asking for members to PM you with other sphynx breeders in and around the NY area. This way you may get more info here.
I call

Status
Not open for further replies.