Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Looking to adopt in Edmonton, Alberta!

cfallavo

Lairian
Hey everyone! I'm looking for an ethical cattery to adopt a black sphynx kitten from in or near Edmonton, Alberta.

I just recently pulled out of a contract with a TERRIBLE breeder (she refused to send me updates on our kitten or any proof that she had the cat in her possession and when I asked for it she got defensive and said I was accusing her of swapping kittens...needless to say I will NEVER fall for that again.)

Whatever cattery we choose MUST be able to provide the proper documentation concerning the health, safety, and well being of the cat as well as photos and videos with proof the cat is in the cattery's possession. It would also be ideal if we were able to visit the cat in person to check on him whenever possible.

Thank you in advance!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@cfallavo welcome to the lair family. so glad you joined us! kudos for being careful and doing research. check out the reputable breed thread and fraud tips threads in the info center , very helpful. check to see if the breeders regularly HCM scan the sires, dams too

tagging @Annejo12 , @Bailey21 and all our Canadian sphynx mums n dads to PM you with recommendations as well as any others they have heard about otherwise. keep us updated !

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Welcome to sphynxlair. Sorry you had a horrible experience but good thing you backed out. Good luck in your search!

Breeze

Lairian
I’ll DM you with good breeder, if she doesn’t have any kittens she might be able to recommend another breeder that does.

Orange

Lairian
Check out Alberta Sphynx and Lykoi Rescue, they are amazing. I know they have a few up for adoption right now, but they would also likely be helpful in referring you to a good breeder if kitten is for sure the route you want to go!

Sheldon13

Staff member
Alberta Sphynx has those two boys that had their eyes removed up for adoption. I don’t know if anyone has grabbed them up yet. They are such beautiful souls.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Breeze

Lairian
@Sheldon13 They have found homes, looks like there is still a beautiful 8 year old female available for adoption.

It’s so sad those two boys didn’t get medical treatment in time to save their eyes. My rescue girl also had an extremely bad eye infection left untreated too long, she now has permanent eye damage
even after treatment from her rescue thankfully she seems to see alright.

Sheldon13

Staff member
@Breeze mine was more fortunate, though I am disappointed in the shelter for not starting treatment on her in the four days they had her. She had a bad eye infection and I took her to the vet the day after I brought her home. She still squints in that eye due to some scar tissue.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

G in Oakville

Lairian
I could help you if you were in Hamilton, Ontario! Hope other members closer to you will PM you!
Sorry to thread jack but I live in Oakville, ON and would *really appreciate* if anyone can PM me recommendations for a reputable breeder(s) in Ontario, Canada.

I love this place - it’s everything I’ve been researching about Sphynx cats in ONE place. So awesome! I’m glad I found you guys.

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sorry to thread jack but I live in Oakville, ON and would *really appreciate* if anyone can PM me recommendations for a reputable breeder(s) in Ontario, Canada.

I love this place - it’s everything I’ve been researching about Sphynx cats in ONE place. So awesome! I’m glad I found you guys.

I PMd you !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back