Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Looking to Adopt in Midwest

mrktpro

Lairian
Yesterday I lost my beloved Darby, a male sphynx that I adopted 8 1/2 years ago, he just turned 14 in March. He changed my life, was my partner in crime. The loss is devasting, but I want to carry on his legacy by finding another sphynx like him that needs a forever home, a place filled with the love and attention that these little babies so desire and deserve. Darby came to me after his first forever home didn't work out, he was displaying behavioral trauma, once with me he was fine, more than fine, he became part of the family and blended right in with myself and my Russian Blue Martini.

I'm open to location, I'll travel for the right one. I'm just lost without the presence of Darby so hoping my loss can create an opportunity for a sphynx that needs a loving and caring home. I've attached a few photos of my Darby and I.

I live alone with my 16-year-old Russian Blue, Martini who I mentioned above, she has been with me since she was a year old, I rescued her as well.

Attachments

• 50167517_10155880087730778_8676121520340205568_o.jpg
    50167517_10155880087730778_8676121520340205568_o.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 17
  • 168213_486138960777_6476346_n.jpg
    168213_486138960777_6476346_n.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 14

DivaMom

Lairian
I live in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and have been looking to rehome my 7-8 year old female Sphynx for about 6 months due to my allergies/asthma. I need to know that she is going to a forever home to live with someone familiar with the breed. Her name is Pink, and I rescued her 6 years ago and was told she was 1-2 years old. She came into the rescue group with 3 other Sphynx, so she has lived with other cats. She is an only cat now, but when I first got her, she had a chihuahua sister, and they got along fine. Now it is just me and Pink. She is very affectionate and likes to sit on my shoulder and purr in my ear while I watch TV at night. During the day, she likes to sleep in her cat igloo on my bed. She also likes to sit on the windowsill and watch the birds and a large gecko that lives in our front shrubs. Pink also likes to ride in the car. She has her own pet car-seat and sits there just as pretty as can be. If Pink sounds like a good match, please let me know and we can talk some more. I am sorry for the loss of Darby.

mrktpro

Lairian
I live in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and have been looking to rehome my 7-8 year old female Sphynx for about 6 months due to my allergies/asthma. I need to know that she is going to a forever home to live with someone familiar with the breed. Her name is Pink, and I rescued her 6 years ago and was told she was 1-2 years old. She came into the rescue group with 3 other Sphynx, so she has lived with other cats. She is an only cat now, but when I first got her, she had a chihuahua sister, and they got along fine. Now it is just me and Pink. She is very affectionate and likes to sit on my shoulder and purr in my ear while I watch TV at night. During the day, she likes to sleep in her cat igloo on my bed. She also likes to sit on the windowsill and watch the birds and a large gecko that lives in our front shrubs. Pink also likes to ride in the car. She has her own pet car-seat and sits there just as pretty as can be. If Pink sounds like a good match, please let me know and we can talk some more. I am sorry for the loss of Darby.

Hi Divamom, thank you. I so appreciate you thinking of me. I have a 16-year-old Blue Russian/Siamese mix that is female and I have concerns with putting her with another female, not so much because they wouldn't adjust, but I'm not so sure she would, she is pretty used to being the only diva. I also adopted a 14-week old male kitten about a week ago and I'm meeting with another 3-year-old male this weekend that I might potentially adopt.

I certainly understand the desire to find the right very loving home, these babies are special. You might check with Yoda Mom I think she has some connections with people who are looking to adopt a new baby and she might have a family in mind that would be right for your baby. My heart hurts for you I certainly understand the turmoil this could cause and wouldn't wish it on anyone.

DivaMom

Lairian
Hi Divamom, thank you. I so appreciate you thinking of me. I have a 16-year-old Blue Russian/Siamese mix that is female and I have concerns with putting her with another female, not so much because they wouldn't adjust, but I'm not so sure she would, she is pretty used to being the only diva. I also adopted a 14-week old male kitten about a week ago and I'm meeting with another 3-year-old male this weekend that I might potentially adopt.

I certainly understand the desire to find the right very loving home, these babies are special. You might check with Yoda Mom I think she has some connections with people who are looking to adopt a new baby and she might have a family in mind that would be right for your baby. My heart hurts for you I certainly understand the turmoil this could cause and wouldn't wish it on anyone.
Mrktpro: Thank you for your email. I could tell you would have been a loving home for my Pink, and I understand your worries about putting two females together. I hope the male you are meeting this weekend is "the one" for you and your Russian Blue. Take care!

Back